PDA

View Full Version : What's the best four post lift for the price?

70TWO NOVA
10-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase a four post lif t for my garage. Image about 2000-2500 to spend. What's the best lift for that pricepoint? Three car garage with 9' 6" height.

dhutton
10-14-2016, 07:32 AM
I have one of these and also one of the smaller lifts. The smaller ones are ok for storage but I prefer this one for working:

https://www.derekweaver.com/rodders-garage/4-post-lifts/direct-lift-pro-park-9-plus-certified-4-post-lift/

Make sure you get a jack.

Don

Vega$69
10-14-2016, 08:29 AM
I have this lift. 8 years with weekly use no issues whatsoever. Paid just under $2k delivered.

http://www.dannmar.com/dannmar-products/four-post-lifts/commander-7000.asp

FYI a 9'6" ceiling height will probably not give you enough room to stand while working. My 69 is approx 52" high plus 7" for the ramps will leave only 4'6" clearance under the ramps.

Do you have a full 9'6" clear under any light fixtures and/or a garage door opener?

SSLance
10-14-2016, 09:52 AM
I bought my two post lift from these guys, can recommend the quality, service and price. Not sure if they'll have a 4 post for your needs or not though...worth a look.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Shop/4-Post-Lifts

CJD Automotive
10-14-2016, 10:06 AM
When it comes to a lift, 2 or 4 post, the last thing I worry about is price. I work under them everyday, so I'm more concerned with what isn't going to fail. I only use American made Rotary Lifts, not the Revolution Series, as that is a Chinese line built to compete with the other Chinese lifts. There are a few video's on Youtube showing testing and failure of Chinese lifts.

There are a hundred different lifts out there to buy, but only one you. Choose a lift that is the safest, not the cheapest, and that will mean a non-Chinese lift.

BMR Sales
10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
When it comes to a lift, 2 or 4 post, the last thing I worry about is price. I work under them everyday, so I'm more concerned with what isn't going to fail. I only use American made Rotary Lifts, not the Revolution Series, as that is a Chinese line built to compete with the other Chinese lifts. There are a few video's on Youtube showing testing and failure of Chinese lifts.

There are a hundred different lifts out there to buy, but only one you. Choose a lift that is the safest, not the cheapest, and that will mean a non-Chinese lift.

When did Rotary switch the Revolution Series to being made in China? My Revolution 7 is over 10 years old, but was made in the USA

CJD Automotive
10-14-2016, 11:21 AM
When did Rotary switch the Revolution Series to being made in China? My Revolution 7 is over 10 years old, but was made in the USA

All Revolutions are Chinese made. Came out about 2007 or 2008 to compete with BendPak Chinese lifts. It's two different companies, but owned by the same parent. Rotary Lift and Rotary Revolution. I'm pretty sure the Revolution wasn't out 10 years ago, but could be wrong.

BMR Sales
10-14-2016, 04:17 PM
All Revolutions are Chinese made. Came out about 2007 or 2008 to compete with BendPak Chinese lifts. It's two different companies, but owned by the same parent. Rotary Lift and Rotary Revolution. I'm pretty sure the Revolution wasn't out 10 years ago, but could be wrong.

Had my Revolution 7 since at least 2006 and I know back then it was on Rotary Lift's Site - I bought it from my local Rotary Lift Rep

dhutton
10-14-2016, 04:35 PM
There are a few video's on Youtube showing testing and failure of Chinese lifts.

Please post the links.

Don

Fluid Power
10-14-2016, 10:11 PM
I bought a Greg Smith 4 post and have it in my warehouse at work. It gets used once a month. Under 2K delivered. For my needs, it is perfect.

SSLance
10-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Would I buy a non-certified lift if I was going to use it 10-15 times a day in a shop? Probably not...

But my Atlas lift which was most likely made in China has lifted and held my 6700# truck up for weeks at a time over the past 10 years I've had it with no signs of failure anywhere. It has also held my Monte up through countless rebuilds, raised my lawnmower, lifted heavy items out of my truck and made a pretty good clothes rack during a garage sale too.

One has to be smart and load the weight on it correctly and pay attention...but I wouldn't brand all Chinese lifts as failure prone nor would I say someone needs a $10,000 lift for hobby use at their house just because it has a safety certificate on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v362/LSVLance/2002%20GMC%202500HD/0609162008.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LSVLance/media/2002%20GMC%202500HD/0609162008.jpg.html)

I spent a week under the front of this truck a couple months ago completely removing and rebuilding the whole front suspension, was never once concerned.

dhutton
10-15-2016, 06:20 AM
Would I buy a non-certified lift if I was going to use it 10-15 times a day in a shop? Probably not...

My Chinese built two and four post lifts are certified. The two post is 10 years old and used daily without issue.

Don

Che70velle
10-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Definitely don't want to start a lift war. It's been discussed on here before, the pros and cons of American made lifts vs. Chinese made. I see the truth in both sides. My Atlas lift, which is just like Lances lift, holds my Chevelle just fine. I would not try and lift a diesel pick up truck with it, but I also understand the rating of my lift. If I had a shop which does many builds, and lifts many different types of vehicles, then I would have spent the $10k on a lift that would pick up anything, with no worries. But for me and my Chevelle, which sits on the lift fully raised 24/7 when I'm not driving or washing it, works just fine.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd buy the same lift I have, no question. Cost me $1800 and some change, and I installed it in about 3 1/2 hours. I poured my shop slab thick, 9" in the middle, and 14" on the outsides, so I'm not concerned in any way of what I have going on with my lift. Hands down the best tool I've ever bought!

Flash68
10-16-2016, 04:33 PM
I hope/plan to have a 2 post lift someday.

So what is the deal with certified? A US made lift is definitely certified but an import version may or may not be?

GonHuntin
10-16-2016, 06:21 PM
I looked at a bunch of different lifts including Bendpak and I bought the Quality Lift. Don't know how many miles I traveled looking at different lifts but it was substantial.

http://www.qualitylifts.com

After comparing all I could find, the Quality Lift was just made better. Been using it weekly for over a year and I have no regrets.

I bought mine through, and would recommend:

http://www.kwik-lift.com/post_lifts.html

KWIK-LIFT

9901 East 47th Street
Tulsa, OK 74146, USA

Phone 918-258-8492
Toll-free 1-800-961-LIFT (5438)

Ask for Danny

96z28ss
10-17-2016, 11:44 AM
I hope/plan to have a 2 post lift someday.

So what is the deal with certified? A US made lift is definitely certified but an import version may or may not be?

Just get one now, while you wait for the car to be finished.

Flash68
10-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Just get one now, while you wait for the car to be finished.

Gotta build the detached garage to hold the lift first.

BMR Sales
10-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Had my Revolution 7 since at least 2006 and I know back then it was on Rotary Lift's Site - I bought it from my local Rotary Lift Rep

Checked over the weekend, my Revolution 7 was built in 2003 by Rotary Lift - USA. It was installed by my local Rotary Dealer.

Must have been before they spun-off Revolution and made them in China

transam
10-23-2016, 12:06 PM
I have a revolution rf9 for just over a year, I have a 110" ceiling and I can fit two cars on them as long as they are low, the hoist seems well built and sturdy, came with drip trays a jackstand tray and casters. I added a platform jack to it as well. I've ordered a second one too.

http://i63.tinypic.com/ay918y.jpg

Panteracer
11-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Did a little shuffling of the cars and gave
my brother the back of our shop and moved
my Pantera buddies up front.. 4 Panteras, my
Bird and one mustang not in the picture

Bob

Panteracer
11-11-2016, 03:28 PM
With three Panteras that race we had
to come up with a tire rack to store our
extra sets.. we stacked some cabinets on
top of some other cabinets and then made
a place to put the tires.. 12 each so not bad
and even picked up some more storage area
for all our stuff

Bob

GregWeld
11-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Checked over the weekend, my Revolution 7 was built in 2003 by Rotary Lift - USA. It was installed by my local Rotary Dealer.

Must have been before they spun-off Revolution and made them in China

Visited the Rotary Lift booth during SEMA because I now need to buy a new lift for the shop space I rented out at Thunderhill. Asked about their 7000# lift and he stated it was USA built. SWEET.

clill
11-14-2016, 01:28 PM
That means is will be assembled in the US when you get done putting it together :hello:

jlwdvm
11-21-2016, 07:08 AM
I have a Direct Lift 2 and 4 post lift in my garage. I did a lot of research and they fit the bill for what I need them for. Direct Lift is owned and backed by Rotary Lift I believe....made in China, but backed by a US company.

Josh@Ridetech
11-30-2016, 08:54 AM
My Direct Lift has been great, I'd buy one again.

GregWeld
12-04-2016, 11:16 AM
That means is will be assembled in the US when you get done putting it together :hello:

So glad you volunteered to help put it in!

DWC
08-01-2017, 11:41 AM
We have a Rotary 14000lb, 4 post, in the shop and have been very pleased with it.

We debated whether or not to install it ourselves. We decided to have a lift service pro do it and it was money well spent. Especially for a 4 post.

Daniel

ETA- Crap, didn't realize this post was so old...