PDA

View Full Version : II Much teaser: gettin sideways

parsonsj
03-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi guys,

Here's a teaser photo of II Much just before paint. Since that photo, I've etch-primered, put down two coats of DP90 (sandwiched around 2 part seam sealer), and laid down 2 coats of DCC in slate gray.

That painting was enough to convince me to let someone more experienced shoot the exterior!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jlparsons/floored2.jpg

jp

ryans67deuce
03-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Looking GREAT JP!! I can't wait to see more of it. I chek your site daily it feels like looking for new pics!! :D

Ryan

tndude
03-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow! You are a talented guy. Definitely first class. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
03-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I love that picture, it shows just how much work and detail you've done. :thumbsup:

parsonsj
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks all.

Scott, that's the pic I sent you the other night, so it isn't deja vu. :)

The car is going to Road Killer Kustoms in Georgia for paint on Sunday. I need to get off my ass and get out to the garage and put all the body panels back on!

Thanks again,

jp

907rs
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
That is a masterpiece! I absolutely need to see more! :thumbsup:

jonny51
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Holy Schmit!!!Thats a work of art :thumbsup:

XcYZ
03-03-2005, 09:54 AM
I agree, Jon. The more you look, the more you see. Artwork for sure. Wait until JP can post pictures of the stance. It's killer. :thumbsup:

jonny51
03-03-2005, 09:59 AM
The trans tunnel looks like a fossil. lol Very cool indeed.

DCreations
03-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Looks really good john!!! :thumbsup:

BigAl...
03-03-2005, 10:45 AM
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hail: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (still thinking of words I could use to describe). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(I'm running out of time, gotta get back to work, need a word...). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(I can only come up with AWSOME!!!!!!!!)

BigAl...
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I gotta ask, JP what is your work (work = project time) schedule like? how often do you work on this amazing project? every night till 2am, weekends only, once a month or I eat, breath live this project and it is my job?

Again, you should be very proud of what you've accomplished so far! I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm new to IImuchfab.com but I see my self adding it to my daily routine.

BigAl...

camcojb
03-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Unbelievable John! :thumbsup:

Jody

parsonsj
03-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Very nice words. Thanks to all.

BigAl, this isn't my profession, just a hobby. I work on the car nearly every spare moment: most weekends til the wee hours, and 2 or 3 nights during the weekday til late.

I don't get nearly as much sleep as I used to. :(

Lately I've been in overdrive, working 6 to 8 hours a day on the car after daytime work. Tonight I still have to make the upper driveshaft hanger and then put the front sheet metal back on.

thanks again,
jp

DCreations
03-03-2005, 11:37 PM
That car will be killer john. All those long hours will be worth it in the end. Do you know what the car will weight?

parsonsj
03-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Davey,

I really have no idea. I'm pretty curious myself. The original car weighed less than 3000 lbs. On the plus side, I've added a roll cage, tube chassis, bigger tranny, bigger/heavier rear end.

Lighter wheels, lighter engine, lots of aluminum in non-stressed locations, etc. on the minus side.

Who knows? I will be disappointed if the car weighs more than 3000, but only time will tell.

jp

67Sally
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
looking good John.

61Bubbletop
03-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Wow John!...That is really incredible!....Holy Smokes!......I have seen so many nice detail shots, that when you see a picture of the entire fabrication...well, what can I say that others haven't already...Truly a labor of love, and an outstanding work of fabrication art.... :hail:

BC69
03-04-2005, 01:56 PM
That is awesome. The progress pics you have posted for a while now remind me of RadRides by Troys slogan (if you saw his rides episode) to have the car look good no matter what stage you are at.
Every step of this process has been picture perfect, thats awesome.

Tim

parsonsj
03-05-2005, 04:02 AM
Quick update: Brian Schein came over and we rolled the car out of the garage and into his trailer. I'm leaving for Georgia today. The Durango I bought over a year ago for this exact trip is finally gonna get tested. After seeing Brian's trailer, I think maybe a Ford Super-Duty might have been a better choice. The trailer is HUGE!

Next stop: Road Killer Kustoms for paint on the exterior and interior.

907rs
03-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Cool! Now don't skimp on the updates! :D

B Schein
03-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I don’t know what he is complaining about it is only a 24 foot enclosed I have hulled this thing allover the place with my little Dodge Dakota.

Brian

Sinco
03-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Congrats on getting it ready to be painted John. I've got a long haul ahead of me with my project. Did you do anything custom with the dash?

parsonsj
03-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Doug,

No, nothing extraordinary. I am using Auto Meter C2 gauges (electric but with a full sweep: very trick). I'll use a CF or anodized aluminum dash insert. Other than that ... it'll be stock.

I just got back from dropping the car off at Road Killer Kustoms (near Atlanta) for interior and exterior paint. They are already hard at work on it, and working to a May completion date. I'll drop by in early April to check out the progress, but they've already started sending me update pics. I'm very impressed with them so far. I'll post some pics of the car as they continue the work.

jp

Ricochet
03-09-2005, 10:02 AM
John-

Congrats to finally get to this stage. All the fab work is second to none. Almost a shame to cover it up!! There are alot of extremely nice cars out there, but every now & then there is one that comes out & takes it to another level. No doubt this will be one of them!! What impresses me is that YOU did all the work in your garage!! It's not a megabuck "PRO" built car. Not taking any talent away from the pro's because they do alot for this hobby. It's just nice seeing an avearge guy in his garage putting out a car of this caliber.

Congrats again..Can't wait to see it done. :thumbsup:

Is there a chance we may see it at SEMA??

Brent

parsonsj
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Brent,

Thanks very very much. I'm going all out to finish it this summer with SEMA in mind. There are lots of variables in play, but I'm hoping they will all work out for a SEMA debut for the car.

jp

radrambler
03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
how do you get to debut the car at sema ...

know somebody ? iwould figure you have to be showing with a company....
id d be all about that

radrambler