PDA

View Full Version : Need tuner for PWM fans issue

frankv11
06-27-2016, 11:03 AM
Running ls6 w Speartech harness and entropy radiator , fans and they're pwm module .
Issue my fans are constantly fully on, both signals fan #1 and #2 are coming directly from ecu and always grounded. Looking for a local SO CAL tuner to help me out with that.
Rest of the tune seems to be good.

mikels
06-27-2016, 11:20 AM
Running ls6 w Speartech harness and entropy radiator , fans and they're pwm module .
Issue my fans are constantly fully on, both signals fan #1 and #2 are coming directly from ecu and always grounded. Looking for a local SO CAL tuner to help me out with that.
Rest of the tune seems to be good.

LS6? So P59 or P01 controlller? They have no provisions for PWM fan control. That feature did not come until E40 controller on 2005 C6 Corvette. Subsequent controllers (E38, E67, E92, etc) have selectable outputs for fan drivers (descrete, PWM).

You'll need an aftermarket PWM fan controller to do what you are asking.

Dave

frankv11
06-30-2016, 06:52 PM
LS6? So P59 or P01 controlller? They have no provisions for PWM fan control. That feature did not come until E40 controller on 2005 C6 Corvette. Subsequent controllers (E38, E67, E92, etc) have selectable outputs for fan drivers (descrete, PWM).

You'll need an aftermarket PWM fan controller to do what you are asking.

Dave

You are correct apparently my ecu is not pwm compatible , my original set up came from 2005 Cts-v. I ordered a harness and ecu from psi assuming it would have pwm option. it works out because what I thought was a pwm control module from entropy is not. It turns both fans on at 50% w fan 1 on and than 100% when fan 2 kicks on .
What a mess but it works out .
Still fighting w code P0480 . Not sure what is triggering it .
Malfunction light is wired up