PDA

View Full Version : Any body recieved this months HOT ROD?

Ummgawa
02-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I read it through and it seems they have had an off month.

zbugger
02-28-2005, 10:44 PM
If you're talking about the April issue, there should be a member in it. That's all I'm gonna say.

jonny51
02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
If you're talking about the April issue, there should be a member in it. That's all I'm gonna say.

Dr.Secret :_paranoid

Ummgawa
03-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I did see Kris' work in there again...Ah yes the HRSS454 and Aloha...congratulations!

Musclerodz
03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I did see Kris' work in there again...Ah yes the HRSS454 and Aloha...congratulations!
yeah, cropped and no mention of his name. I have not seen that Chevelle rendering before either.

Mike

Kris Horton
03-02-2005, 11:29 PM
I got the Hot Rod, real excited about being in it again. And go figure I get the shaft again. I had 3 days, count em, 3! To do the Firebird project, renderings, write-up, and submit it and I get the SMALLEST mention and my name/copyright cropped out of the image. My write-up also got cut short. I don't know if someone there has it out for me or what! Anyway, I plan to write to Hot Rod and maybe even Primedia. This is the third instance (Tyler's rendering where they replaced my name with John McBride/GMP, the Chevelle where they cropped my name completely out of the picture and gave me no credit, and then the Firebird project) and I'm pretty tired of it. The exposure is great, but only if my work is well-represented. It's a real bummer.

Kris

Ricochet
03-03-2005, 01:48 AM
I wondered the same thing Kris? No mention of you anywhere?? I obviously know your work, much like everybody else. But no mention of you anywhere to be found. It's one thing if they just forgot or something (we have all seen that happen), no excuse, but things do happen. But to purposely cut your name out of the renderings much less insert somebody elses is just wrong!! Hopefully you can get to the bottom of things over there.

Brent

zbugger
03-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Damn Kris. I say you go to their offices with a watergun filled with Tabasco sauce and.... Umm... No, wait. That's the movie airheads. And if you did that, I would need to have Adam Sandler's part. For the couch scene. Even the, I now doubt it would work. But you have to admit, it would be fun!!! Hell, you'd get to ride in the back of a police car!!! Can I play the sirens?

Kris Horton
03-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Not sure if it was done on purpose, but it's just that it's happened 3 times and they really went out of their way to crop it out...all the while giving other artists a ton of credit. Must be politics...oh well. I'll write them and see what they have to say.

Kris

Steve1968LS2
03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I got the Hot Rod, real excited about being in it again. And go figure I get the shaft again. I had 3 days, count em, 3! To do the Firebird project, renderings, write-up, and submit it and I get the SMALLEST mention and my name/copyright cropped out of the image. My write-up also got cut short. I don't know if someone there has it out for me or what! Anyway, I plan to write to Hot Rod and maybe even Primedia. This is the third instance (Tyler's rendering where they replaced my name with John McBride/GMP, the Chevelle where they cropped my name completely out of the picture and gave me no credit, and then the Firebird project) and I'm pretty tired of it. The exposure is great, but only if my work is well-represented. It's a real bummer.

Kris

That's why we treat you like royalty at PHR :thumbsup:

Kris Horton
03-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Haha! Yeah, that's true. PHR has been really good to me, but it's no excuse for Hot Rod to say "hey he's getting good press in PHR already, let's screw him!" :cool:

Kris

JamesJ
03-03-2005, 04:33 PM
You may already know this, but if you mail copies to yourself and dont open them then they are copyrighted (a cheap way) you can also send them in groups so you dont have to do each one.

trapin
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I thought the April issue of Hot Rod was pretty good. They had a sweet write-up in there about the LS2 and some modifications that they did to it.