PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Mustang Pro touring

DKz Garage
01-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys..... Been looking to build another 69 Camaro Pro touring car, just can't find the right car (not completely rotted) as a builder without spending a small fortune. A friend has offered up his 69 Mustang fastback for sale at a reasonable price...the car is completely rust free (southern car) and runs drives.

My intent is to build the car from scratch as a top notch pro-touring car with all the suspension, motor, trans, brakes, etc, etc, and then sell it....... I'm a first gen Camaro guy at heart, but thought it would be cool to do something different. I know a lot of guys will say you can't build a top-notch car and make money, I suppose that is true if you do none of the work yourself. I do it because I love the challenge and enjoy the process as many of us do. The real question is...will a 69 Mustang fastback pull the $100K a 69 Camaro will/does?? This question is not meant to piss of the Ford guys...I just don't have a real good pulse on the 69 Mustang / Pro touring value. I realize there are a lot of variables to my question..... Just looking for some input.

fleetus macmullitz
01-10-2016, 02:02 PM
Have you seen this one yet?

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=47064

I lean towards Fords, but if it was me, I would wait for a '69 Camaro at the right price.

DKz Garage
01-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Have you seen this one yet?

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=47064

I lean towards Fords, but if it was me, I would wait for a '69 Camaro at the right price.

Thanks Skip..... I thought I would have more people chiming in on this question??

fleetus macmullitz
01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Could be because around here (from what I recall), most of the Mustang builds have seemed to be the '65-68's.

Have you looked at the www.ebaymotors.com & www.cars-on-line.com listings?
Also, if you haven't already, most specific ponycar boards have a pro-touring or 'resto-mod' section that might help.

Spiffav8
01-12-2016, 12:20 AM
Hi Guys..... Been looking to build another 69 Camaro Pro touring car, just can't find the right car (not completely rotted) as a builder without spending a small fortune. A friend has offered up his 69 Mustang fastback for sale at a reasonable price...the car is completely rust free (southern car) and runs drives.

My intent is to build the car from scratch as a top notch pro-touring car with all the suspension, motor, trans, brakes, etc, etc, and then sell it....... I'm a first gen Camaro guy at heart, but thought it would be cool to do something different. I know a lot of guys will say you can't build a top-notch car and make money, I suppose that is true if you do none of the work yourself. I do it because I love the challenge and enjoy the process as many of us do. The real question is...will a 69 Mustang fastback pull the $100K a 69 Camaro will/does?? This question is not meant to piss of the Ford guys...I just don't have a real good pulse on the 69 Mustang / Pro touring value. I realize there are a lot of variables to my question..... Just looking for some input.

If the car was done just right it might pull a $100k. I think they are a harder sale to be honest. I'd own one, but I'll admit it would be second to my Camaro. Hard to call it honestly.

Vega$69
01-12-2016, 07:45 AM
It's hard and more expensive to built a Stang PT car to the same level as a 1st Gen Camaro.

When done it will be hard to sell and therefore probably will not get money in the same neighborhood as a Camaro. I see $65ish tops

I do like the 69s and would jump on it and build it as a Boss 302 tribute.

GregWeld
01-12-2016, 10:06 AM
If you have to ask about the value when you're done. Don't do it. Build a car you L O V E because the market is long gone when you could build one of these and get a good part of your money back. When I say "these" I mean ANY car.