PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Motorsports Ultimate Track Car Challange

Beach Cruiser
10-28-2015, 09:32 AM
Here's my winning lap from this years UTCC. Grassroots Motorsports magazine host the UTCC every year, it's a no holds barred run what you brung event. The Beach Cruiser Camaro has won the fastest Vintage title two years in a row now. Here's the in car video of the winning lap, although I ran 2 seconds faster in an earlier session but was DQ'd for dropping two wheels off.

aXbVLNZcnS8

GregWeld
10-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Nicely done dude!!!

wiedemab
10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Cool Video - -- Thanks for sharing.

SSLance
10-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice run! What track was this on, it looks familiar?

Also love the data display. What are you using to collect and display the track data?

z28cp
10-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Track is VIR.

Chad-1stGen
10-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Congratz!

I know nothing about this event, will have to read up on it.

Sieg
10-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Nice wheel job - Congrats! :thumbsup:

Beach Cruiser
10-28-2015, 01:35 PM
I integrated a 9" tablet into my Dash and it's running Harry's Laptimer. It connects to a GPS module on the dash via blue tooth. Hopefully soon I'll add an ODB2 transmitter via blue tooth as well. The Video is from a go pro hero2 mounted on the roll bar. Dashware is the software I used to pull it all together, it's quite nice and easy to learn how to use. The hardest part is matching up the video with the Data, but you can use a reference like the start finish line to align it. You can see the tablet in the video where the stock radio ashtray goes in the center. Nice thing about it, it will display your time and splits right on the screen real time!

Track was VIR (minus the oak tree) back in July.

SSLance
10-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks, looks like a great setup.

Beach Cruiser
10-28-2015, 02:35 PM
I forgot to mention it also serves as my music system and Navigation in Street mode! It outputs to a remote volume pot on my console (easy to reach with belts on) and then goes to my amp. I can play Pandora or any other online music or my own stored play list. Google maps also serve me as navigation to show me at least where I am. I'm sure there's more I could do, but that's enough for now.

Chad-1stGen
10-28-2015, 03:42 PM
I integrated a 9" tablet into my Dash and it's running Harry's Laptimer. It connects to a GPS module on the dash via blue tooth. Hopefully soon I'll add an ODB2 transmitter via blue tooth as well. The Video is from a go pro hero2 mounted on the roll bar. Dashware is the software I used to pull it all together, it's quite nice and easy to learn how to use. The hardest part is matching up the video with the Data, but you can use a reference like the start finish line to align it. You can see the tablet in the video where the stock radio ashtray goes in the center. Nice thing about it, it will display your time and splits right on the screen real time!

Track was VIR (minus the oak tree) back in July.

I love HLT! I didn't notice the tablet the first time. Now I understand why you did the fist pump as you went across the start/finish line.