PDA

View Full Version : rambler before-after front

radrambler
02-27-2005, 09:34 AM
hey guys

here is what it was to what it was changed to...

camcojb
02-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Looks good, seeing some good progress here! Hmmmmmmmmm.....LT1. I like!

Jody

radrambler
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
i wanted to show what the heck i did to this car....im sure most have no idea of whata rambler had ....i also wanted to show what serious changes were made to make it a real handling car....thanks to my friend JIMMY BRITTS..who came up with the whole suspension setup from the mounts to what # shocks to run...he builds circle track race cars mostly....he has alot of racing and fab experience..he has raced all the way up to the GOODYS DASH series(which is now gone).HE builds his own cars, does all the setup work for chassis..so i owe him alot of credit hes the man behind this suspension transformation.he has taught me alot ..."here take this and weld that to here and cut this "..

radrambler

camcojb
02-27-2005, 10:15 AM
It's awesome to have someone like that guiding you on the project ESPECIALLY since you don't have the availability of mainstream upgraded suspension components for your car.

Jody

radrambler
02-27-2005, 06:09 PM
its been fun but alot of work.....having someone with alot of knowledge has helped make it more than just another bolt-on bandit....my goal is to turn key and go anywhere in something not many people have....if its autocrossing or a trip across the country..i want to do it with this car ....OH AND A SPOT IN A MAGAZINE WOULD TOP IT OFF.....

thanks for checking out my ride!

RADRAMBLER

Rick Dorion
02-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Very nice!! I love the direction you're taking it in.

radrambler
02-27-2005, 06:52 PM
thanks rick.....i love getting feedback from lat-g members....

radrambler

zbugger
02-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Very nice work there. Eventually, I hope to do something similar. I just need a welder first. Oh, and a metal supplier. Oh, some money for the stuff would help too. Oh, wait, I'm forgetting something.... Yeah, a garage with a concrete floor to work in. One that doesn't leak or flood would be good. Ya think? :rolleyes:

BC69
02-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey, good work. I like the last picture, and how you have everything coming together nice and clean and snug in the engine compartment. Thats a nice suspension setup, can kinda see the influence of your friends race car influence.

Tim

ScotI
02-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the Rambler line. My buddy has had several of the earlier models (59/60 american & supers) & I love them alot but that little squared off body looks so cool when the stance is nailed. I can't wait to see more pics!

radrambler
02-28-2005, 09:11 AM
thanks for your input

im trying real hard to make it a different but functional ride...different but cool to look at....

thanks
radrambler

Steve Chryssos
03-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Lookin good Rad. What's it got for frony suspension. I can see the upper control arms and coli overs, but can't see lowers, steering, etc.

Ricochet
03-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Rad-

Looks awesome!! You are doing an extremely nice job!! I like all the fab work thus far. The way you guys did the inner panels hiding the forward strut bars is slick. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Brent

radrambler
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Lookin good Rad. What's it got for frony suspension. I can see the upper control arms and coli overs, but can't see lowers, steering, etc.

thanks for the response.and check my other posts.i have a pint scheme in mind.need someone to photshop that on one of my update pics if possible. both upper and lower arms have screw in ball joints..lower arms are single tube with a heim end mounting it to the crossmember and from the outr most point at the arm back to the frame is a strut rod with a clevis to arm and that strut rod goes back to the frame with another heim end...it has a manual rack about 18 inches wide from a late model circle track car.. the whole assembly is very light .all those suspension parts are about as heavy as the original steering box maybe..
radrambler

radrambler
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Rad-

Looks awesome!! You are doing an extremely nice job!! I like all the fab work thus far. The way you guys did the inner panels hiding the forward strut bars is slick. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Brent
that was my first time doing tin work...i wanted to hide and kinda give a clean smooth appearance..all that tin will be painted .the firewall is getting smothed over .i decided since the rest is smooth.so ill sheet it over with steel.oh and no master cylinder on firewall..hidden under dash...sideways!!the car has a simple look so i wanted the rest to be simple yet well thought out.CLEAN, LEAN AND SIMPLE....thanks for the response you have an awesome car .i like getting th "BIG MAGAZINE GUYS THUMBS UP". hope to get there by doing this car......

thanks again
radrambler

XcYZ
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Rad, I've been meaning to get to your car in PhotoShop, but have way too many projects going on at the moment. I'll try to get to it shortly.

radrambler
03-01-2005, 07:05 PM
thanks xcyz.....
i understand .i can imagine your real busy....im probably a few weeks out before paint gets applied..love to see it kinda like i imagine

thanks for your response

radrambler