PDA

View Full Version : New posts???

Boss 5.0
09-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Ok, so every time I come here I click on the tab for "New Posts" so I can see the updated and new threads. Easily 50% of the time I will get a screen saying there are no new posts. If I then go to Quick Links then click on Todays Posts, same thing, 50% of the time I get nothing.

But, when I go to some individual categories on the forum I see that there are in fact updates or new threads.

Can someone explain why this is happening? Also, how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Glenn

JKnight
09-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Myself and many others have this issue when viewing with an Apple product. There is no fix unfortunately...

Boss 5.0
09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
That sucks. Thanks for letting me know. Bummer.......

Spiffav8
09-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Myself and many others have this issue when viewing with an Apple product. There is no fix unfortunately...

I don't have that issue with my Mac, but I do on my iPhone and iPad. Now that you mention it, I am going to stop into an Apple store and ask about that.

JKnight
09-18-2015, 11:46 PM
I don't have a Mac laptop or desktop to try, but will concur that the issue seems to be with iPads and iPhones.

JKnight
10-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Hey Jody, is it possible to turn on the "todays posts" feature as well as keep new posts search? Was thinking it might work for us iPhone people that have this issue but check the site every day.

ADiCarlo
10-04-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm using an app called tapatalk on an iPhone and it doesn't exhibit that issue. It's a paid app but it does work 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbuff
10-04-2015, 10:46 PM
To the OP... Do you use Tapatalk?

My experience with it was that it was checking the site for new posts in the background, and when I would connect to the web site in a browser, it would look like there were no new posts to read, I stopped using Tapatalk, and I haven't noticed the problem since as best I recall.

Not sure that is your problem, but the one suggestion I have...

camcojb
10-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Hey Jody, is it possible to turn on the "todays posts" feature as well as keep new posts search? Was thinking it might work for us iPhone people that have this issue but check the site every day.

We are going to add todays posts in the next day or two.

camcojb
10-13-2015, 10:47 AM
"Todays posts" are up in the menu bar. Maybe try that and see if it works with Apple devices.

Boss 5.0
10-13-2015, 02:22 PM
To the OP... Do you use Tapatalk?

My experience with it was that it was checking the site for new posts in the background, and when I would connect to the web site in a browser, it would look like there were no new posts to read, I stopped using Tapatalk, and I haven't noticed the problem since as best I recall.

Not sure that is your problem, but the one suggestion I have...

I don't check here on my phone. Company phone, they frown upon too much data. But on my Mac I get it routinely.

Although, the last few days have been much better. But, I have had that happen before so not convinced it will last.

Fingers crossed.

Boss 5.0
10-13-2015, 02:24 PM
"Todays posts" are up in the menu bar. Maybe try that and see if it works with Apple devices.

Any reason why the "new posts" does this? I don't get on the home computer every day. So when I do I like to be able to catch up.

JKnight
10-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Works like a champ on my iPhone Jody! Clearly I need a life, this is very exciting.

booah
10-13-2015, 05:22 PM
I've noticed my Mac has been opening up the new posts , no issues for the last few days, much better

Boss 5.0
10-13-2015, 06:04 PM
On my Mac right now. New posts would't post anything, neither would Today's Post tab. But in Quick links, the Today's Post tab opened up the latest items.

I don't get it..........

JKnight
10-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Damn, 'Today's posts' worked the first 2 times on my phone, not the 3rd.

hifi875
10-14-2015, 10:57 AM
ive been experiencing the exact thing for 2 years. Only on ipad. never on iphone or laptop. frustrating........

JKnight
12-27-2015, 04:55 PM
So, funny thing, got a new iPhone 6s and the new posts function seems to work all the time now.

Spiffav8
12-28-2015, 12:48 AM
So, funny thing, got a new iPhone 6s and the new posts function seems to work all the time now.

Those things aren't cheap. Nice to see that you spare no expense when it comes to viewing LG.

:lol:

JKnight
12-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Those things aren't cheap. Nice to see that you spare no expense when it comes to viewing LG.

:lol:

Darn right, priorities!