PDA

View Full Version : July 06 Feature: Todd Miller's LS2 powered 70 GSX

XcYZ
07-01-2006, 01:46 AM
The Lateral-g July 2006 Feauture is Todd Miller's 70 Buick GSX. It's understated from the outside with the 17" billet Newstalgia rally wheels, but under the hood, it's all business with a Wheel2Wheel built LS2. Follow the link below to see the complete specs.

Todd is also the owner of DiecastMusclecars.com (http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/). And for a little added fun, he's going to give away a 1:18 scale Buick GSX to the first person who correctly posts how many GSX's were built in 1970.

Thanks again Todd, it's a beautiful car! :thumbsup:

www.Lateral-g.net/members/miller

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/miller/July06FEATURE.jpg (www.Lateral-g.net/members/miller)

Blown353
07-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Here's a guess... 678 GSX's produced in 1970, 400 Stage 1 cars and 278 base 455's.

That car is very cool. I really like Buicks, don't see many!

XcYZ
07-01-2006, 02:01 AM
I knew that wouldn't take long. :)

Troy, call up Todd on Monday (his number is on the www.DiecastMusclecars.com website) and he will get it shipped off to you. :thumbsup:

McssGmachine
07-01-2006, 02:01 AM
Very nice Buick Todd! :thumbsup:

Blown353
07-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Sweet! Another diecast for the collection. :yes:

If only I had such luck with the lotto on Wednesday. :P

Sales@Dutchboys
07-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Cool car!

-Paul

almcbri
07-01-2006, 06:12 AM
I have to say that car is honestly my new favorite PT style car. The wheels are killer. I like that the car has kept the traditional look, but has all the goodies when you look a bit closer. Very impressive car.

hectore3
07-02-2006, 07:58 PM
I wished he would have used real Buick power

Rybar
07-04-2006, 02:28 AM
That is one sweet ass Buick! :thumbsup:

Speedster
07-04-2006, 08:13 AM
That GSX is such a cool car. It is one of the true musclecars. Buick was considered luxury, but the GS's really flew. I think they were the first ones to have true swirl combustion chambers.

Stuart Adams
07-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Cool car, car of the month - congrats.

Ummgawa
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Just an awesome execution of a wicked ride...Major thumbs up :thumbsup: :bow:

DiecastMusclecars
07-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I wished he would have used real Buick power

First off thanks for all the comments guys!

I struggled with the idea of installing the LS2 motor vs. a traditional 455 but for this project I wanted Modern Technology under the hood. (Over the years I've had about 10 GS's all with 350's and 455's) Plus I plan on driving it quite a bit otherwise for the money we spent we could have purchased a "Real" GSX but I think I would have been hesitant to drive it as much. The other thing is I wanted this GSX to stand out from all the other GSX's that are out there. (To my knowledge nobody has done an LSx powered GS or GSX?)

On another note, if TA Performance Products releases its aluminum block for the Buick 455 its very possible you'll see one of those under the hood someday! (Maybe even a fuel injected version)

Thanks again for checking it out guys!

Sales@Dutchboys
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Who care if it dosent have Buick power ...whoopd de do! Its a bad A$$ car!

-Paul

bob johnson
07-12-2006, 07:48 AM
First off thanks for all the comments guys!

I struggled with the idea of installing the LS2 motor vs. a traditional 455 but for this project I wanted Modern Technology under the hood. (Over the years I've had about 10 GS's all with 350's and 455's) Plus I plan on driving it quite a bit otherwise for the money we spent we could have purchased a "Real" GSX but I think I would have been hesitant to drive it as much. The other thing is I wanted this GSX to stand out from all the other GSX's that are out there. (To my knowledge nobody has done an LSx powered GS or GSX?)

On another note, if TA Performance Products releases its aluminum block for the Buick 455 its very possible you'll see one of those under the hood someday! (Maybe even a fuel injected version)

Thanks again for checking it out guys!

I was shocked the other day when Milton Robson was talking to a guy about a 70 Stage 1 with a 4 speed that needed total restoration..It's going to cost well over $100K..and the guy won't sell it to him unless he gets to do the restoration..

Diognes56
07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Definitely a sweet ride you have there :yes: :thumbsup: .

David

DiecastMusclecars
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I was shocked the other day when Milton Robson was talking to a guy about a 70 Stage 1 with a 4 speed that needed total restoration..It's going to cost well over $100K..and the guy won't sell it to him unless he gets to do the restoration..

Buicks can be a bit pricey to restore as the parts are harder to find and there are less reproduction parts available. We paid some ridiculous prices for some NOS parts we needed but we wanted the car to look brand new so we paid the price. In the long run I think it was worth it! I can easily see where a GS Restoration can reach 6 digits though. (If it's a frame off type deal)

Thanks for checking it out!