PDA

View Full Version : Moser 12-Bolt or Strange S60???

ZZ3ElCamino
06-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Guys, can you enlighten me on the pros and cons of chosing the Moser 12-bolt versus a Strange S60 rear differential (both ready to bolt in)? I am thinking about going with the Strange S60 based on price but I am worried they don't offer a posi unit that is made for street use (such as an Eaton that Moser offers). I might be mistaken though.

Both companies seem to offer awesome rear differentials and I am curious if one if better than the other. My car is a '67 El Camino and it is pretty much a show car, and will never see the strip. It doesn't have huge power, but is has enough with the ZZ3 and a 700R4. Can you guys help me out or suggest another differential? Thanks!

rocketman
06-28-2006, 09:55 PM
I use all moser stuff,I have there 12 bolt in my 94 z/28,and never had a problem and I have abused the crap out of it.

I prefer the Moser stuff to the strange,Moser has better quality I think.

I had a Strange rear end in my 37 ford along time ago,and after it broke a spool and axle the first race I whitched to Moser.

The Moser stuff is generally cheaper than Strange

romar 02 ss
06-28-2006, 10:37 PM
I've got a Moser 60 w/Detroit Tru-Trac, it was less $ than the 12 bolt. Very nice unit. Larry

ProdigyCustoms
06-29-2006, 12:20 AM
You can save a few bucks at GP Superstore on a Moser if price is your decision maker.