PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride Tech. Autocross @ Goodguys Nashville

bob johnson
06-27-2006, 07:32 AM
All of us need to thank Brett and the guys and GAL at Air Ride Technologies for the show they put on at Nashville this past week-end. Brett brought 6 of his personal vehicles down there and ran them continuously for 2 days. I wouldn't want to know what he spent last week getting all his cars, displays, crew, etc to and from Nashville. His group singlehandedly made the show, running probably 90+% of the total runs made on the autocross. They worked like Trojans all week end and beat the snot out of his cars..He often let others drive his cars, and took anyone that wanted to on a ride. His next events will be at Kansas City and Dallas Goodguys. The Pro Touring community needs to add their support to this new Goodguys event. Everyone owes Brett and crew their gratitude for what he is doing for this sport. We all preach drive your cars..now do it..

XcYZ
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I talked to Darren at Ridetech this weekend at Back to the 50's weekend here in Minnesota. He told me about the GG Nashville event. Sounds like an awesome time!

Payton King
06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Are they going to do all of the events? Charlotte has one in October. I enjoyed speaking with them at the Year One show.

Smack_talker
06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
The autocross looked like a lot of fun..thanks to air ride. Bob what time did the Cuda run?? I didnt get to see your run.

zz3guy
06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the Airride crew were great. I'm friends with Rodney at Airride. He let a 16 year old buddy of mine ride in the black stroker split bumper Camaro for at least 6 laps. The kid was beside himself when he got out of that hot rod! Then we ran a buddy's 40 ford sedan through it until it overheated. That was the best fun we've had in a long time! Great show!!! :thumbsup:

bob johnson
06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Smack_talker]The autocross looked like a lot of fun..thanks to air ride. Bob what time did the Cuda run?? I didnt get to see your run.[/

I think 13.6 was the best..it just wouldn't turn after we got into the sweeping turn and then we couldn't get set up for the last 2 turns. We'll have to get set up for this..the car is pushing real bad..but that's what Bilstein and Addco wanted. They said they have a remedy for the pushing..they want all the weight we can get on the rear..we set the toe 1/4 out but the clutch was gone so we didn't get to run again..We felt like it would get a better bite then..couldn't drop tire pressure because it was rolling the front tire over the way it was..We'll be better prepared next time since we know what we're needing nowQUOTE]