PDA

View Full Version : Push or Pull Electric fans ?

Paraman1
05-25-2015, 09:02 AM
I notice most radiator kits come with fans that pull air through the radiator but have also seen quite a few vehicles that run pusher fans on the other side of the radiator . Is one better than the other or is it just a matter of preference ?

camcojb
05-25-2015, 09:32 AM
I notice most radiator kits come with fans that pull air through the radiator but have also seen quite a few vehicles that run pusher fans on the other side of the radiator . Is one better than the other or is it just a matter of preference ?
Puller fans are a lot more efficient than pushers, they do a far better job of pulling the air through a radiator core than pushing it. Pushers show up on a lot of street rods that have little to no room on the engine side of the radiator. Not to be missed, many of those same cars also have cooling issues.

66fury
05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
i use a 16" puller in a shroud and it keeps my 440 at 200*.

LS1-IROC
06-17-2015, 05:24 AM
Also remember that pusher fans will impead the natural airflow while running down the road when the fan is not needed. Another negative is that with a pusher fan you cannot use a shroud to increase efficiency like on a puller. Only use a pusher if space dictates it.

Superlite Coupe
09-09-2015, 09:31 PM
IMHO a puller with proper shrouding is superior to those pusher set-ups. And don't underestimate the correct use of a shroud with proper spacing and airtight connection to the rad itself. I've seen a few shrouds that were so far off the actual radiator - might as well punch yourself in the face.... made no sense.