PDA

View Full Version : Romac Balancer?

rockertype
06-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Anybody using a "Romac" balancer? (Pontiac) I bought one for a new engine project and it seems a bit small for the crank. I wondered if you guys might know a trick to fitting one of these. It's the lightweight one with the steel center & aluminum outer ring.

kilrcam
06-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Anybody using a "Romac" balancer? (Pontiac) I bought one for a new engine project and it seems a bit small for the crank. I wondered if you guys might know a trick to fitting one of these. It's the lightweight one with the steel center & aluminum outer ring.

It's not a romac or even a pontiac, but my new project sbc i bought an sfi approved balancer paid good money for it and it was a little small so i took it back and got another one and had the same problem. Took it back and we then took it to a machine shop where the guy that had been doing this for along time says yep thats normal. He had a jig set up and honed it out a little and it now fits great. A week after that my uncle had the same problem with his big block. The stock gm balancer worked fine but the aftermarket wouldn't go on all the way.