PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Goodguys Spring TX Track Layout

Ed.Capen
03-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Here the Spring TX track Layout.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w366/69nomaro/Spring%20TX%20AutoCross%20Track_zpsvk1jwxqw.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/69nomaro/media/Spring%20TX%20AutoCross%20Track_zpsvk1jwxqw.jpg.ht ml)

Goodguy Ed

carbuff
03-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Sweet, this looks more like the old course where you passed through half of it twice. That will probably mean less total runs, but a longer time on-course for each run.

Looking forward to it!

68Cuda
03-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Here the Spring TX track Layout.

Goodguy Ed

Did they change anything? Looks pretty much the same to me. Are all the good guys courses this tight? Are they intentionally trying to keep the speeds down? It just looks brutally tight. One of the best amateur runs I saw a couple years back was in an old Mini Cooper - the course was about the right size for that car.

I think the layout at the Dallas Karting Complex in Caddo Mills would be less brutal.

carbuff
03-09-2015, 09:42 AM
It looks the same as last spring, but last fall was very different. You didn't pass through the straight in the middle twice, so it was a 45 second or so course. That allowed them to get more total runs through the course, but took away part of it which I enjoyed (the 2-pass course).

And I wouldn't call the course 'tight'. I can run it in first or second gear, which is ok for me.

Given the space constraints that they have to deal with, I think they do a pretty good job of maximizing the space available while keeping it pretty safe.

Ed.Capen
03-09-2015, 07:22 PM
It looks the same as last spring, but last fall was very different. You didn't pass through the straight in the middle twice, so it was a 45 second or so course. That allowed them to get more total runs through the course, but took away part of it which I enjoyed (the 2-pass course).

And I wouldn't call the course 'tight'. I can run it in first or second gear, which is ok for me.

Given the space constraints that they have to deal with, I think they do a pretty good job of maximizing the space available while keeping it pretty safe.

Thanks, Fast and Safe is what we are trying to do. Remember this is for everyone that comes to the event and not just racers. We want everyone to get involved. Goodguy Ed

chichirone
03-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Course looks awesome Ed. A lot like the old course as Bryan mentioned. I like the addition of the cone at the end of the straight versus the single cone in past years. Now we just need to get the cars ready! :gitrdun: ...Bryan that includes you too!!!

Gscherer78ta
03-11-2015, 07:35 AM
I like the new layout as it appears that the really high HP guys won't be able to use all their power with slower track speeds and more handling required.

Thanks for posting the layout!

gerno
03-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Ed - I've been trying to register for the autocross but can't figure out how to do it online. Not sure who I should email about the issue based on the contact page. I've emailed a few people and no one has responded. I assume it's my error but can you help to assist??

carbuff
03-12-2015, 09:46 PM
I don't think you register for the autocross itself, just the event. Any car which attends is allowed to autocross. I don't preregister, I just go to the Marriott hotel (I think it's a Marriott anyway) which is the host hotel and register when I get to Fort Worth. Put the sticker in the windshield and drive in the next morning straight to the autocross area...

chichirone
03-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Ed - I've been trying to register for the autocross but can't figure out how to do it online. Not sure who I should email about the issue based on the contact page. I've emailed a few people and no one has responded. I assume it's my error but can you help to assist??

There is no registration for the autocross beyond the event registration. You do need to sign up and pass tech inspection.

Upon entering Texas Motor Speedway, you will go directly to the autocross course . Sign the waiver/sign up form/tech sheet. The tech inspector will ensure you meet the minimum requirements (200TW tires, battery secured, overflow tank, etc) and then provide you a windshield sticker to display as an autocross participant.

A few quick tips: (for anyone attending, not just Gerno)

-after going to the Marriott and picking up your registration packet, adhere your event registration card on the driver side of your windshield or side window so Trent, announcer, and score team can easily see your participant number and name (some tape it to the outside of the window/windshield)
-get there EARLY! Unload anything loose from your car. Get your tools/chair/spectator spot set up. It gets crowded.
-go find the tech inspector for sign up and tech paperwork. Take a pen with you to fill out the tech card prior to the tech inspector getting to your car
-Walk the course...at least TWICE if time permits. Ask questions but walk the line of the course as tho you are sitting in the driver seat. Spacing yourself from the cones as though you had an imaginary car around you.
-before you make your first run, hop in with one of the pros (If Bret Voekel is there, he is gracious to allow people to ride along and also has mad skills so you will get a great feel for the course.) and if time permits before its your turn on the course, try to get a couple ride alongs in
-HAVE FUN! You will meet some really cool guys and gals. Talk tire pressures. Shock settings. Get you car weighed at the Ridetech booth. Ask questions and don't be afraid to engage the pros and sponsors. They are awesome people and will gladly answer questions.

Look forward to seeing you guys there.

Rod P
03-14-2015, 12:05 PM
:king:

looks great

71RS/SS396
03-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Just an FYI.... I noticed in the pro class rules for this season that helmets are a requirement for all pro class drivers AND passengers. They're suppose to have loaners for riders at the scoring tent area.

Ed.Capen
03-15-2015, 08:05 PM

Registration has closed but you can still register at the hotel and just come early to get a pit spot. There is no additional charge for the Autocross it is included in your car registration.
Get there early to get a pit spot as they fill up fast.
Goodguy Ed

You can always PM me on here.

Ed.Capen
03-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Just an FYI.... I noticed in the pro class rules for this season that helmets are a requirement for all pro class drivers AND passengers. They're suppose to have loaners for riders at the scoring tent area.

Tim,
Not Required for PRO but we would like PRO drivers to wear them. The passengers in PRO will need to wear them, and we do have them and head socks for your passengers.
Goodguy Ed

71RS/SS396
03-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Tim,
Not Required for PRO but we would like PRO drivers to wear them. The passengers in PRO will need to wear them, and we do have them and head socks for your passengers.
Goodguy Ed
Thanks for the clarification Ed.

GrabberGT
03-24-2015, 10:28 AM
To the designer of this layout. If you haven't heard yet, we all enjoyed it much more than the last few renditions of the track. Previous tracks went something like gas-STOP-turn, gas-STOP-turn, gas-STOP-turn... This was much more fluid which made for a very enjoyable course. I only wish we had more time on it.

Ed.Capen
03-24-2015, 04:36 PM
To the designer of this layout. If you haven't heard yet, we all enjoyed it much more than the last few renditions of the track. Previous tracks went something like gas-STOP-turn, gas-STOP-turn, gas-STOP-turn... This was much more fluid which made for a very enjoyable course. I only wish we had more time on it.

Chris,
I know what you mean, weather was not our friend over the weekend. I am glad you liked the layout. We are working to get all of them on line so people can see how they are before the event. If you are the Leisingers you input it into your video games and run it before hand.....
Goodguy Ed