PDA

View Full Version : On the cover of Super Chevy

efs69
02-17-2015, 03:42 PM
I am so stoked my home built (Pole Dancer) made the cover of the April 2015 Super Chevy and got some ink!!!!!!

James OLC
02-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Awesome! I represent some of those used parts!
Closest I've ever been to a cover - congrats Efrain!

Matt@BOS
02-17-2015, 07:30 PM
That is way cool, Efrain! It has been nice to see you driving the wheels off it at events this last year too!

Musclerodz
02-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Very cool, congrats!

Vegas69
02-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Congratulations, my old car is supposed to show up in Super Chevy any month as well.

GregWeld
02-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Nice Vega -- how'd ya chop it like that??

LOL

Nice to have a car in or on a magazine like that.....

Todd -- Just call Rupp -- he'll get right on that for ya.

efs69
02-17-2015, 10:33 PM

Thanks James! Those parts are the heart and brains of the car...not to mention the shoes...lol. Thanks

I can't however believe that about the cover! I've seen your car and name in many publications and TV. With mine I think I was at the right place at the right time and got really lucky...

efs69
02-17-2015, 10:37 PM
That is way cool, Efrain! It has been nice to see you driving the wheels off it at events this last year too!

Thanks Matt. Still working the bugs out and getting some more seat time. Looking forward to some of the upcoming events and running It some more.

efs69
02-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Very cool, congrats!

:thankyou:

Congratulations, my old car is supposed to show up in Super Chevy any month as well.

Thanks Todd. I'll keep an eye out for it. Epic build thread on it that's for sure..

Nice Vega -- how'd ya chop it like that??

LOL

Hahaha..I had a vega in the 80's when I was drag racing. Lots of nitrous and little safety..

Nice to have a car in or on a magazine like that.....

True.... It's surreal

Todd -- Just call Rupp -- he'll get right on that for ya.

Ron in SoCal
02-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Way to go Ef!! See what happens when you show up?

:cheers:

efs69
02-18-2015, 12:29 AM
Way to go Ef!! See what happens when you show up?

:thankyou: I almost didn't make it either...it was a ton of work but worth it in the end.

64pontiac
02-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Congrats! Thats so cool, now you're a superstar!

efs69
02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Congrats! Thats so cool, now you're a superstar!

:lol: Don't know about the superstar part but thanks!!

waynieZ
02-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Congratulation's on the ink, Nice car!!

Z06vette
02-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Just read it last night. Great story, great car. Glad to see you using & enjoying it.
Scott

efs69
02-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Congratulation's on the ink, Nice car!!

Thanks Wayne

Just read it last night. Great story, great car. Glad to see you using & enjoying it.
Scott

Thanks Scott

Roberts68
02-21-2015, 07:43 AM

I was thinking the same thing!

Efrain, what was it? I think ATS spindles maybe?
I know I still have you in my phone contacts.

Another question... Where the heck is my April Super Chevy you guys are talking about?:shakehead:

Anyway, congrats Man! Its cool for me to say, I talked to that guy a few years back.

efs69
02-22-2015, 11:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing!

Efrain, what was it? I think ATS spindles maybe?
I know I still have you in my phone contacts.

Another question... Where the heck is my April Super Chevy you guys are talking about?:shakehead:

Anyway, congrats Man! Its cool for me to say, I talked to that guy a few years back.

Thanks Robert. Lots has happened to the car since the ATS spindles. It is constantly evolving!!

WSSix
02-23-2015, 07:54 AM
Congrats on the cover. That's awesome. Be sure to get a framed display setup for showing off in the garage/home.

Vince@Meanstreets
02-23-2015, 02:24 PM
congrats ef. car looks great!!

Roberts68
02-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Thanks Robert. Lots has happened to the car since the ATS spindles. It is constantly evolving!!

I saw exactly what you mean when I read through the build thread.

Still, every time someone I have interacted with gets some press or a glimpse on the tv screen I think it is cool. I have barely scratched the surface of this sport and will likely never run any tracks like some members do regularly.

It makes me feel good, and part of the "community" when I have dialogue with any and all of those who are out there getting it done!

So many here have helped me or inspired/encouraged one way or another...Private Messages/emails/phone calls/written or been published in books and magazines, TV shows & Internet video series (shows)...

I can't name them all, and to do so would be like name dropping but in my list of who's who... You just made the list brother.:trophy-1302:

Enjoy your month!

Yelcamino
02-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Congrats! :thumbsup:

efs69
02-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the cover. That's awesome. Be sure to get a framed display setup for showing off in the garage/home.

Thanks Trey!! I am looking into that and seeing if I can get some high resolution files from Super Chevy that they can work with.

congrats ef. car looks great!!

Thanks Vince!! It is a bucket list item I didn't even put on the list!!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks Herb!!

efs69
02-24-2015, 07:34 PM
I saw exactly what you mean when I read through the build thread.

Still, every time someone I have interacted with gets some press or a glimpse on the tv screen I think it is cool. I have barely scratched the surface of this sport and will likely never run any tracks like some members do regularly.

It makes me feel good, and part of the "community" when I have dialogue with any and all of those who are out there getting it done!

So many here have helped me or inspired/encouraged one way or another...Private Messages/emails/phone calls/written or been published in books and magazines, TV shows & Internet video series (shows)...

I can't name them all, and to do so would be like name dropping but in my list of who's who... You just made the list brother.:trophy-1302:

Enjoy your month!

Wow!! Thanks Robert. I hear you on the inspiration and members here. I have gotten so much advice and motivation from others and their builds that I had to try and join in.

With all of the high quallity builds out here in the community I never would have thought a homebuilt like mine would ever grace a cover. Thanks Super Chevy!

Keep plugging away and you will get there before you know it. Look forward to seeing you at an event sometime!!!

Yelcamino
02-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Thanks Trey!! I am looking into that and seeing if I can get some high resolution files from Super Chevy that they can work with.

Ef, you might try "In The News (http://www.inthenewsonline.com/)" to have your article put on a wooden plaque. I went with them for my Chevelle article. They're kinda pricey but very good quality.

Justin@EntropyRad
02-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Congrats!

Best I could do was top of readers rides..:getout:

David Pozzi
02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
All that hard work paid off!:thumbsup:

tmadden
02-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Very cool. congrats

efs69
03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Ef, you might try "In The News (http://www.inthenewsonline.com/)" to have your article put on a wooden plaque. I went with them for my Chevelle article. They're kinda pricey but very good quality.

Thanks for the tip. They do good stuff!

Congrats!

Best I could do was top of readers rides..:getout:

Thanks

All that hard work paid off!:thumbsup:

Lots of continuing hard work. Thanks for your guidance!!

Very cool. congrats

Thank you

Frankenstine
03-05-2015, 08:44 AM
:thumbsup: CONGRATS on the Ink know you are stoked, I Checked it out when I got my copy, Sweet Ride
enjoy it :thumbsup:

Keith