PDA

View Full Version : ? re custom application for a 73TA

tazzz2_ca
01-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Hey bud how you doing? If I haven't crossed my wires you did a couple of columns for me over the years and they worked out great...

My question is regarding a 73 TA build where we have moved the engine back and subsequently the foot pedals and drivers seat back in the car... This said I was thinking of using a early 3rd gen Corvette wheel with tilt and telescopic and machining a custom steering wheel hub to look like a TA hub with it's features,, but allow for the telescopic ability to adjust wheel forward and back for the driver/s... Any thoughts on an easier or less expensive approach??

GMTILT
01-30-2015, 09:25 AM
do you have a steering column yet to use ? I have some tilt tele parts to build one out of , I am sure I can build it with the measurements, Jim

Hey bud how you doing? If I haven't crossed my wires you did a couple of columns for me over the years and they worked out great...

My question is regarding a 73 TA build where we have moved the engine back and subsequently the foot pedals and drivers seat back in the car... This said I was thinking of using a early 3rd gen Corvette wheel with tilt and telescopic and machining a custom steering wheel hub to look like a TA hub with it's features,, but allow for the telescopic ability to adjust wheel forward and back for the driver/s... Any thoughts on an easier or less expensive approach??

tazzz2_ca
02-05-2015, 10:47 AM
do you have a steering column yet to use ? I have some tilt tele parts to build one out of , I am sure I can build it with the measurements, Jim

PM sent,,, drop me a call at 416-566-9660 or give me a tel number call you please....

GMTILT
02-05-2015, 10:52 AM
you can reach me anytime at 850-382-7125, JimPM sent,,, drop me a call at 416-566-9660 or give me a tel number call you please....