PDA

View Full Version : New High Amp Alternator Installation Kit - AAW

AAW
06-14-2006, 02:03 PM
American Autowire is pleased to announce the newest addition to our product line – the High Amp Alternator Installation Kit.

The High Amp Alternator Installation Kit provides 10 ft. of large 8 awg power wire with fusible link for circuit protection and a ring terminal pre-installed. The kit also includes the necessary connector and wires for GM "SI" series three wire alternators as well as an alternator terminal boot and loose piece terminals and connectors for easy installation.

The High Amp Alternator Installation Kit can be used on either one (1) wire or three (3) wire alternators.

The High Amp Alternator Installation Kit is part number 500875 and is available immediately.

$25.00

Thank you!

http://www.americanautowire.com/images/imagelib/High-Amp-Alt-kit.gif (http://www.americanautowire.com)

Speedster
06-14-2006, 03:30 PM
T-

Just one question: Is 10 feet long enought to get from the alternator to the trunk mount battery or is this made to go to a terminal block on the firewall ?

Also, do you have a good, compact high power alternator you would recommend ? e.g. MSD, Powermaster, etc. I am looking for the smaller diameter one with the most amps. I know you can get 200 amps from one of those big LT-1 style units, but that is just not feasible.

TIA

AAW
06-15-2006, 07:06 AM
T-

Just one question: Is 10 feet long enought to get from the alternator to the trunk mount battery or is this made to go to a terminal block on the firewall ?

Also, do you have a good, compact high power alternator you would recommend ? e.g. MSD, Powermaster, etc. I am looking for the smaller diameter one with the most amps. I know you can get 200 amps from one of those big LT-1 style units, but that is just not feasible.

TIA

Bruce
Good question(s)! Actually you have a few questions in one...

This kit was designed to attain the power buss from the starter solenoid or a battery (+) terminal block located on the firewall. It was not designed for rear trunk power sourcing.

Because the wire is only 8 gauge, we would need to do additional engineering to spec the correct gauge of wire for a trunk mount to eliminate voltage drop which is a concern with extended wire applications.

Regarding the alternator, PowerMaster and MSD are reputable companies which we interface with on a regular basis. The best alternator deal might come from Jeg's who handle both these product lines, so contact them for pricing - or go directly through Prodigy to get pricing.

I hope this helped...let me know if you have additional questions.
Theresa

ProdigyCustoms
06-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Bruce, Lisa can get you a 160AMP MSD, probably the most umph from a small alternator. In the shop we use a lot of Tuff Suff 140AMP that have been testing at 150AMP

Speedster
06-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Bruce, Lisa can get you a 160AMP MSD, probably the most umph from a small alternator. In the shop we use a lot of Tuff Suff 140AMP that have been testing at 150AMP

Thanks Frank. I will check with Lisa before I buy.

Speedster
06-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Bruce
This kit was designed to attain the power buss from the starter solenoid or a battery (+) terminal block located on the firewall. It was not designed for rear trunk power sourcing.

Because the wire is only 8 gauge, we would need to do additional engineering to spec the correct gauge of wire for a trunk mount to eliminate voltage drop which is a concern with extended wire applications.
Theresa

Thanks T !