PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys Columbus

McssGmachine
06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
July 7,8,9 I'm going, Anybody else? :thumbsup:

Sales@Dutchboys
06-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Yea I am going ......Not with the nova though Interior guys took a spill on his bike so ....the car wont be done for a couple months..

-Paul

MarkM66
06-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Meself is going. :D

Not sure what car I'll be in though.

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 10:28 AM
We're carrying The Cuda up there..just got back from Indy..Boyd gave it a Pros Pick..I'm sure that gagged him..Alan and I are not his favorite people..

Sales@Dutchboys
06-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Bob did It ever stop raining down there ......

Stuart Adams
06-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I'll be there Saturday.

TwinSting
06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. No car just flying in to check it out.

Ricochet
06-12-2006, 04:10 PM
We're carrying The Cuda up there..just got back from Indy..Boyd gave it a Pros Pick..I'm sure that gagged him..Alan and I are not his favorite people..

My guess though Bob, Is there are more people who think less of him than he does of others.

Great job on the Cuda & glad to see you are out beatin' up a little :thumbsup:

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey Bob did It ever stop raining down there ......

Yeah,,when we started to leave and go home..poor old Meadows..cost him a few coin at the gates..only good thing is we got to leave early and get home before it was dark thirty..I just enjoy the quality and originality of cars at the Goodguys and NSRA events much better than the Power Tour..Lots of neat stuff at Indy..there'll be even more at Columbus..the nastalgia drags were great too..took me back to much simpler times..

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 05:45 PM
My guess though Bob, Is there are more people who think less of him than he does of others.

Great job on the Cuda & glad to see you are out beatin' up a little :thumbsup:

It's very unnerving to see someone like Boyd building stuff on TV that just doesn't cut it. He was such an Icon..wonder what he'd be producing if he still had the same crew as in the old days..guys like Foose and Buttera were just a part of that team..no wonder they did such marvelous stuff..

Stuart Adams
06-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Ditto..

Steve Chryssos
06-13-2006, 01:51 PM
It's very unnerving to see someone like Boyd building stuff on TV that just doesn't cut it. He was such an Icon..wonder what he'd be producing if he still had the same crew as in the old days..guys like Foose and Buttera were just a part of that team..no wonder they did such marvelous stuff..

This is JHRS's time. I can't tell you how many times I heard the term "Industrial" on Power Tour. Made me laugh a little. Smooth everything is yesterday's news.

bob johnson
06-14-2006, 06:26 AM
funny thing is, if you put my Cuda and the orange/Black one from over here in Cumming with the Viper motor and Scissor doors in a ISCA show..he'd get lots more votes than me. A whole different mentality at those venues..Most of the spectators are not real enthusiasts. An ISCA show car winner willl not even get a pity pick at a Goodguys event..and vice versa. The focus of the builds are completely different..I'm not very concerned if I have a bit of dirt on top of my muffler that can't be seen..Lots of the show guys have cars that won't drive 10 miles without scraping the exhaust or breaking something..The whole focus is chrome and shine..All of my cars in the last 6 years haven't had enough chrome to sneeze at..I do like the "business look" on a hot rod...aircraft/industrial look for me

J2SpeedandCustom
06-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Bob your car has more thought and design, than any functional car I have seen in a LONG time. I can't wait to see it in Columbus. :thumbsup:

McssGmachine
06-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Cool! Hope to meet some of you down there. :thumbsup:

Bob, I hear ya on the industrial look! I don't take my mine to car shows anymore, only to Woodward. It seem like the more chrome the better up here, Plus there's no innovation. Can't wait to get down there and see the Cuda up close, and hopefully meet you in person! :yes:

Todds69
06-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I'll be there with family...Show one day, Zoo the next.

bob johnson
06-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Cool! Hope to meet some of you down there. :thumbsup:

Bob, I hear ya on the industrial look! I don't take my mine to car shows anymore, only to Woodward. It seem like the more chrome the better up here, Plus there's no innovation. Can't wait to get down there and see the Cuda up close, and hopefully meet you in person! :yes:

hopefully the Cuda will make up for the disappointment in meeting me..