PDA

View Full Version : Old Formula 1

SuperB70
11-11-2014, 06:39 AM
I was asked to join this project as to be coming an engine mechanic for it.

Last weekend we when to Sweden where this has been sleeping nicelly for last 12 years. There was an English man how have been working these since they where new.

Here are couple of videos, i'm the dude in black

First start: http://youtu.be/nbSSWKE_1Y4

Second start: http://youtu.be/WtR3ENTAqzY

Most exotic thing I ever seen. And I got close and little inside even.

Yelcamino
11-11-2014, 06:48 AM
That's pretty cool!

MayhemRobinson
11-11-2014, 07:32 AM
Now that is bad ass.

BMR Sales
11-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Who drove the Arrows? Damon Hill, Pedro Diniz?

SuperB70
11-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Damon Hill.
Came with his racesuit, photos and lots of other documents.

Its rare because usually there aint full spec F1 for sale. They usually are just rollers without any tech and electronics. Or fit up with other kind of tamed customer engines. Like Cosworth or 4L Judd motor. They turn less, easier to drive and last 10 times longer.
This has all the right parts except radiostuff. Its ready to drive.

Technically its out of this planet.
We got all the molds and blueprints for its also.

Engine weights 187lbs, turns 16000rpm, stalls under 9000rpm and makes around 850hp. And all that with pumpgas.
Main bearings dia is 1.3", stroke is same 1.3"/ 30 mm.
And no valve springs. Pneumatical system.
About 300-400ml driving between 40000£~64000$ Engine overhaul.

Che70velle
11-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Ummmmm....holy cow.
Is this car for sale?

SuperB70
11-13-2014, 05:06 PM
I think its not for sale. Then again everything is for right money.
The owner will be racing with it at EuroBoss-class in Europe.
The class is for one seater, open cockpit and open wheels cars. Many old F1 and smaller formulas.

Our little trip to go and get is from Sweden just got a most readed sport news in Finland. Reporter calld me today and wanted to make an article from it.

Vince@Meanstreets
11-15-2014, 12:19 AM
thats cool!!!

glad to see you made it out of there alive.

SuperB70
11-18-2014, 02:18 PM
This has gone wild. The news about founding this has been reach Europe. Today I got a link to Hungary based F1 website:link (http://www.f1-live.hu/f1-hirek/12-ev-utan-inditottak-be-damon-hill-f1-es-autojat-mindent-beboritott-a-fust/)

Damon almost won in Hungary with this in '97 but hydraulic problems droped him second place.

Now I'm waiting for that Engish who helped us to get it running in Sweden to come here and give me a lessons how to operate it. I mae still need to go to him to UK for even more education. Ex. the hydraulic system is mind blowingly complex.

Che70velle
11-18-2014, 07:30 PM
This has got wild. The news about founding this has been around Europe. Today I got a link to Hungary based F1 website today:link (http://www.f1-live.hu/f1-hirek/12-ev-utan-inditottak-be-damon-hill-f1-es-autojat-mindent-beboritott-a-fust/)

Damon almost won in Hungary with this in '97 but hydraulic problems droped him second place.

Now I'm waiting for that Engish man how helped to get it running in Sweden to come here and give me a lessons about how to be able to operate it. I mae still need to go to him to UK for even more education. Ex. the hydraulic system is mind blowingly complex.

I have no doubt that this news is spreading. This is absolutely not your typical rare car barn find. This is something that simply just doesn't happen. Ever.
And not only is the hydraulic system mind blowingly complex, every system inside that machine is. You have a great opportunity right in front of you.

SuperB70
05-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Arrows will make first run in Finland in two weeks time. We been studing the hydraulics, transmission and all sorts of stuff.

6.6 we will held a motorsport event nearest track and there will be Radicals, other F1;s, track bikes and much more. For those how dont know what Radical SR8 is: UK-made race car, 2.8L V8, cylinders and heads from Suzuki Hayabusa, 480hp, 14000rpm,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_SR8

Will post after that..

SuperB70
01-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Little late but anyways.

Motorsport day has, alot of activity and three formula plus two Radicals where running laps.

Pictures and videos are in my phone but you can check them at my Instagram page:
www.instagram.com/CeeCeeoy

GregWeld
01-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Ear protection and an exhaust fan would be a great way to start....

Super kool stuff and glad you're a part of it!! That would be so much fun!

SuperB70
01-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Your right there Greg. They make noice like no other.

Those two, orange Arrows and Green Jag are now in Dubai.

You can drive them at Formula Experiance Racing.

The owner is my old friend and I'm doing this as a friends favor. Its cool to see all those thing witch you not normaly get to see in F1 world. How parts are made etc.
He has hired a real formula mechanic to work his rare Arrows and thats good. There is no way that we could operate it. We dont have the know how or the experiance.

Now on coming monday its going to dyno just to test the hydraulicsystem. Car will be going to Spain for spring test session on BossGt and need to see that everything is working before transport gross Europe.

But if you think building PT-cars is expensive, how about this, 45000£ /65000$ service every 375miles. Thats just crazy!

BMR Sales
01-14-2016, 12:16 PM
But if you think building PT-cars is expensive, how about this, 45000£ /65000$ service every 375miles. Thats just crazy!

I have a friend that has a Porsche 962 (among other cool cars) that he Vintage Races. He told me that it costs him $15,000 an Hour to run the car!

Blake Foster
01-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Somebody Open The Door!!!

fearlessmark
02-04-2016, 05:26 PM
That's a pretty amazing find! I'll bet everybody's ears where ringing for a week afterword...