PDA

View Full Version : '69 Chevelle 4" Cowl and DNE2 4 Speed

barrrf
10-06-2014, 02:04 PM
This is a long shot but I want to swap out my 4" cowl hood for a 2". Maybe if someone is putting on a taller intake or a smaller roots they might want to do this. The hood is on my car.

Also in my car is a DNE 2 4 speed close ratio trans. Same as the Richmond Super T10 close ratio. The PO said most of the guts came from Richmond when the trans was rebuilt a few years ago. I cant verify this. But Id like to get into a 4L80E.

Ive always heard "You don't know if you don't try". So Im trying.

Rick D
10-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Bart, are you looking to trade for a 4L80E? Would you sell it out right and if so how much are you thinking?

This is a long shot but I want to swap out my 4" cowl hood for a 2". Maybe if someone is putting on a taller intake or a smaller roots they might want to do this. The hood is on my car.

Also in my car is a DNE 2 4 speed close ratio trans. Same as the Richmond Super T10 close ratio. The PO said most of the guts came from Richmond when the trans was rebuilt a few years ago. I cant verify this. But Id like to get into a 4L80E.

Ive always heard "You don't know if you don't try". So Im trying.

barrrf
10-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Bart, are you looking to trade for a 4L80E? Would you sell it out right and if so how much are you thinking?

I would sell outright. 4L80s are in pretty high demand up here so I believe the value of this particular 4 speed is NOT equal to that of a 4L80E. How much? I really wish I had a handle on that because it doesn't say Borg Warner on the side. If you have an idea - PM me? Im not sure if youre in any hurry but Im sure not. Let me know.