PDA

View Full Version : 72' K5 Blazer???

Spiffav8
09-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Had these cell phone pics sent to me and wondering what you guys think the K5 Blazer might be worth. It needs a lot of work for sure.

IF I bought it... the goal would be to build an LS daily driver. Nothing crazy, just dependable and comfortable.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-Sd97JKJ/0/XL/i-Sd97JKJ-XL.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-TvkVZf8/0/XL/i-TvkVZf8-XL.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-L4RCHns/0/XL/i-L4RCHns-XL.jpg

Rick D
09-02-2014, 07:04 AM
Lot of work yes, but how much rust? Curtis you can get completely rebuilt blazers in the 20k range so if it needs a lot of body panels I would keep looking. If it's clean (other then apart) then anywhere from 5-10k??

I had one years ago, my grandmother bought it new 69, it was the last one the dealer had so she had to take it with the plow!! :confused59: and yes she would plow her drive way with it!! By the time I got ahold of it not much was left.

I want one again real bad as a daily as well, just a stock 6.0 and an auto trans perfect!!

Let me know if you pass on this one?:peepwall:

Musclerodz
09-02-2014, 10:22 AM
looks like alot of work. I would say $1500 max. Why dont you just buy mine which is almost ready for paint?

Spiffav8
09-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Lot of work yes, but how much rust? Curtis you can get completely rebuilt blazers in the 20k range so if it needs a lot of body panels I would keep looking. If it's clean (other then apart) then anywhere from 5-10k??

I had one years ago, my grandmother bought it new 69, it was the last one the dealer had so she had to take it with the plow!! :confused59: and yes she would plow her drive way with it!! By the time I got ahold of it not much was left.

I want one again real bad as a daily as well, just a stock 6.0 and an auto trans perfect!!

Let me know if you pass on this one?:peepwall:

Sounds like Grandma made good use of the extra options! Smart woman.

You and I have the same idea. Simple and clean build that would be a lot of fun as a driver. I really like my F-150 Platinum, but I'm finding that it just doesn't fit my wants for some reason.

If I do pass, I'll let you know. Maybe I can get some better pictures if you decided you're interested.

looks like alot of work. I would say $1500 max. Why dont you just buy mine which is almost ready for paint?

E-mail me some pictures/details and let me know what you're wanting for it. Who knows...

Vegas69
09-02-2014, 10:46 PM
We are going to need to move you into a custom with a 10 car garage. :flag2:

Spiffav8
09-02-2014, 11:41 PM
We are going to need to move you into a custom with a 10 car garage. :flag2:

Heck I'd be happy with just a bigger garage than I have right now. Hard enough to get two cars in it.

Vegas69
09-03-2014, 09:40 AM
95% of the Vegas track houses have 30x20 3 car garages. (Within 3%) I don't know why they still build houses that won't fit a full size truck. Is beyond me...

Spiffav8
09-03-2014, 09:51 AM
95% of the Vegas track houses have 30x20 3 car garages. (Within 3%) I don't know why they still build houses that won't fit a full size truck. Is beyond me...

It's beyond me to. One would think that at least ONE builder would catch on and build a bigger garage or at least offer it as an option. Probably up their sales.

Musclerodz
09-03-2014, 12:47 PM
My idea of a proper garage is it will fit 2 crew cab duallys with doors open and room to walk around them both.

Spiffav8
09-03-2014, 05:46 PM
My idea of a proper garage is it will fit 2 crew cab duallys with doors open and room to walk around them both.

YES!!!