PDA

View Full Version : HotRod Power Tour

onebad68
05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Anyone planning on going to Gainesville FL to see what it is all about?

radrambler
05-31-2006, 05:10 PM
:drive: YEP

MY FATHER AND I ARE DOING THE TOUR....FROM START TO FINISH...
WE HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO GET HIS EL CAMINO READY..
ITS A 85 SS BLACK AND SILVER LT1 SWAP .....LOOK FOR US.....
GONNA TRY AND MEET AS MANY LATERAL-G MEMBERS AS I CAN....

RADRAMBLER

Bill Howell
05-31-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm there. Headed to Orlando Friday. Longhauler baby. :thumbsup:

130fe
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I am leaving tomorrow to go to Orlando. I am also going to be a Long Hauler. Hope to see everyone out there.

clill
05-31-2006, 09:28 PM
We fly out Friday. The only guy I will recognize is Howell so look for a guy pushing a silver Camaro...

Bill Howell
05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
No worries Charley, I got a tow rope! :thumbsup:

onebad68
06-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Just making sure that the event in gainesville is open to the public. I was just going down to see everything...

Speedster
06-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Everyone going to Orlando, tape a picture of your car to your face, that way we know who you are. (Except for all of you celebrities we have seen on TV and magazine covers) LOL:D

projekt70chevelle
06-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Ima be out there in Orlando aswell I plan on being there from 12 - 8 armed with my video camera, I'll be the young punk looking for all the flaws ;)

clill
06-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I yelled at Howell tonight as he drove by but he just ignored me.

Bill Howell
06-02-2006, 10:00 PM

That must be your junk parked next to my junk in the parking lot?
Never, ever bother two fat boys (Bob Johnson and myself) when we are going on a supper run. We were on a mission, we had food to eat. :lol:

Beast2831
06-03-2006, 02:04 AM
I want to go! can someone give me a push! :( maybe next year :)

57hemicuda
06-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Does anybody know if you can join up to the Tour in progress without registering.I've been trying to register on Hot Rods site and it won't take the registration [Iassume I am too late]

Van B
06-03-2006, 06:35 AM
Just go to the site and register there. Have your insurance card with you.

57hemicuda
06-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I can just go to Englishtown and register there?Thanks Ron

Bill Howell
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
People come and go all through the tour. I am not sure if you would register to get in at the last stop, but I know there is a fee to participate at each stop. Come on down, we will be waiting on ya. :thumbsup:

57hemicuda
06-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Friday is the only day I can get away,seems kind of cheesey showing up at the last stop.I've never really done anything like this before but I guess you have to start somewhere

JV69z/28
06-04-2006, 07:12 AM
57hemicuda - not at all. They wouldn't take new registrations at every stop if they weren't looking for as many entrants as possible. Not everybody can fit the whole tour in their schedule even if their car is capable. At least you get to see the cars and enjoy a little of the expierence. See you guys at Englishtown.

RACERAL
06-04-2006, 11:19 AM
A gaggle of us Cobra owners will be at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway waiting 4 you all to pass by on Wed.

Stuart Adams
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Bill, post some pictures when you get done eating!! Come on, LOL.

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh trust me Stuart, we took a picture today you will love. We found a certain LS7 sitting in a crate at a certain shop in N.C.
I found enough help to get it loaded, and looking forward to upgrading the goat when I get home. :thumbsup:
Steve will have to download them for me in a bit.
Oh, thanks Stu, you are a real friend donating such a nice part. :lol:

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Here is a cool picture that Jason (Datsbad) took. Kinda proves ole Bob drives his junk!

Stuart Adams
06-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Cool stuff.

Hey now, that is torture when talking about the LS7!! Can't wait to get r in the camaro.

Sounds like you guys are having a blast, that's really cool.

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 06:24 PM
You had a car there too? :rofl:

This is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. :thumbsup:

Stuart Adams
06-07-2006, 06:30 PM
You took the Camaro too!!! LOL.

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 06:33 PM
You took the Camaro too!!! LOL.

Man, that fit into the goat's trunk!

Could you send me the front clip when you get it done? That is about all I need to finish it> :thumbsup:

yellowrallys
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
heres a few from our short journey.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/th_DSC00166.jpg (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/DSC00166.jpg)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/th_DSC00173.jpg (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/DSC00173.jpg)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/th_DSC00163.jpg (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/DSC00163.jpg)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/th_DSC00157.jpg (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/DSC00157.jpg)
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/th_DSC00155.jpg (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/yellowrallys/DSC00155.jpg)

clill
06-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Lost a fuel pump today...I pulled it on Datsbad's dads slidebed so the ass was hanging off the back. Has two pumps mounted and the 2nd one kicks in under boost so I just swapped hot wires and was on my way....

radrambler
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
hey guys

STUART......i have pics of one bare shell 69 camaro..oh sorry bill carried off the 7..... :eek:
bill howell and the guys pulled into DSE today as me and dad had finished our lil tour...
GREAT CREW ....VERY COOL PEOPLE AT DSE......THANKS DSE..

I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE WHO LOVES CAMAROS AND HAS THE TIME TO STOP IN MOORESVILLE, NC AND SEE THE DSE CREW.....DO IT

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
A couple quicky pictures tonight.
Yes, that is Mark driving the Pontiac. Remember, twenty minutes earlier it was running down the interstate, no prep, hot slick track, and on the rev limiter the whole pass.

Bill Howell
06-07-2006, 11:19 PM
Here you go Stuart!

57hemicuda
06-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Todays New Jersey Pics

Bill Howell
06-10-2006, 01:28 PM
How I spent my Saturday morning!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njcnmhV91YA
Thanks Bonzo :thumbsup:

69rs
06-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I only went to the Columbia stop, but I had a blast! It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to all the guys that put up with me for a day! Especially Bill. He's a sweetheart! ;)

radrambler
06-11-2006, 12:51 PM
POWER TOUR COMPLETE !!!!!

DAD AND I MADE IT HOME TODAY ABOUT 12:45 .....POWER TOUR COMPLETE.. ....DAMN THAT WAS ALOT OF DRIVING.18 HOURS JUST TO GET HOME .ABOUT 2800 MILES TOTAL......WITH NO BREAKAGE.!!!!
THE ELCAMINO DID GREAT....DADS VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR...
WEATHER WAS GREAT..BUNCH OF COOL CARS
WOW....
WHERE DO I START...... STEVE, BILL, JIM ,CHARLIE ,JASON AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO I MET IT WAS GREAT HANGING OUT WITH YOU GUYS....
WHAT A TRIP...CONGRATS TO ALL THAT DID THE TOUR ...THAT WAS BIG!
BILL ..congrats on the FOX NEWS COVERAGE..VERY COOL....
NOW WHEN I SEE BILL OR THE CAR THE SONG "NATION WIDE" BY ZZ TOP STARTS PLAYING IN MY HEAD... :bow:

glad to be home ....yep ..OH.. DAMN, ITS HOT IN FLORIDA .
i will post some pics .....i just wanted to say ...I MADE IT HOME !! AND GLAD YOU GUYS DID TOO....

RADRAMBLER

Stuart Adams
06-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Cool stuff Bill. Not the average goat, thats for sure.

trapin
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
So who's who in this pic? I can pick out Bill...I'd recognize those rosey cheeks anywhere. :D

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/attachment.php4?attachmentid=3525

130fe
06-12-2006, 08:34 AM
I just got home last night. My trip mileage was at 3500. The experience was a blast! It was great meeting everyone. It was one of the best times I have ever had with my car. Unfortunately my car was speed limited (suspension problems) and I couldn't hang with the main group (had to leave early everyday). I will say that I feel sorry for those who have to drive in PA and NJ because those roads are terrible. I only had to stop once in PA to get my rear end tightened up (u bolts had come loose) making the car unbearable to drive. On the return trip (about 200 miles from home) we hit a bump in the road and heard a sound like someone dropping change under the car. We stopped and saw that my drivers header collector bolts were gone. I took it easy and had a much louder drive the rest of the way.

Dan Hardison and I made the Hot Rod.com Dan- http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrpt_power_tour_2006_day4_gallery/index3.html and myself- http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrpt_power_tour_2006_day5_gallery/index3.html .

Special thanks to the Prodigy Customs (Frank and Lisa) for setting up the hotels/security up at each stop. Hope to see everyone next year!

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM

He wasn't ignoring you..his ears were still ringing from me hitting the loud pedal on the Cuda while I went around him.

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Here is a cool picture that Jason (Datsbad) took. Kinda proves ole Bob drives his junk!

where's the picture of Datsbad trying keep up with the Cuda and the resultant smoke that ensued? Gotta give Jason credit..he jumped the Cuda twice..must have some masochistic tendencies...lol

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 10:40 AM
How I spent my Saturday morning!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njcnmhV91YA
Thanks Bonzo :thumbsup:

hate to say it but I saw 2 brothers in the Goat this week-end..they looked more at home in it than ol Howell..lol

Bill Howell
06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
hate to say it but I saw 2 brothers in the Goat this week-end..they looked more at home in it than ol Howell..lol

You do not hate to say it, if fact you can not quit talking about it. :rofl:

Maybe the TV guy will buy it.!

Here is Jason's version of the git-e-up go between you and he.
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=4770&page=1&pp=10

We were all holding our breath, not taking pictures. Hopeing he would let up before it got ugly. It looked much worse than it really was, just a loose bolt that was letting oil on the headers. Too bad that happened, he had the cuda in his sites. :lol:

XcYZ
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Bill, that's the first time I've seen the Fox News clip, that's awesome! Congrats!

Stuart Adams
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Billy boy that is pretty cool.

ProdigyCustoms
06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah Bob, I could not help thinking when I saw the FOX piece that he started the Power Tour and ended it with brothers in the car. I warned him about doing that in Orlando. I don't know if I could have stopped laughing long enough to jump in front of the car if they would have drove off in it! ROFLMAO!

Datsbad
06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah Bob, I could not help thinking when I saw the FOX piece that he started the Power Tour and ended it with brothers in the car. I warned him about doing that in Orlando. I don't know if I could have stopped laughing long enough to jump in front of the car if they would have drove off in it! ROFLMAO!

Bill , I dont think this will ever die!! It is funny!

Bill Howell
06-12-2006, 09:50 PM
I hear there is a video floating around that should surface tommorrow. Maybe even a picture or two of my fat ass getting into Steevo's camaro. :thumbsup:

Datsbad
06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I hear there is a video floating around that should surface tommorrow. Maybe even a picture or two of my fat ass getting into Steevo's camaro. :thumbsup:

go ahead and link them to my site with the pics if you want

bob johnson
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
You do not hate to say it, if fact you can not quit talking about it. :rofl:

Maybe the TV guy will buy it.!

You want the cheese where you can buy that other GTO that was in fast and furious?? You were as excited about that F&F GTO as Leroy was when he went running up to Doo Dahs house..

Here is Jason's version of the git-e-up go between you and he.
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=4770&page=1&pp=10

We were all holding our breath, not taking pictures. Hopeing he would let up before it got ugly. It looked much worse than it really was, just a loose bolt that was letting oil on the headers. Too bad that happened, he had the cuda in his sites. :lol:

in his sites..kinda like those USA Snipers in Afghanastan.. in the cross hairs.. a mile away.. picking off those scum bags..I love it when that 50 cal pops one of those guys..lol

Bill Howell
06-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Notice the headphones in the picture guys. :rofl:

Datsbad
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/pt2006/IMG_0550

Bill Howell
06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Now you are blowing it Jason, with those showcar pictures. We all know surely you did not run something that pretty on a 3000 mile trip. :lol:

Damn True
06-13-2006, 12:39 AM
http://www.gforcedesignconcepts.com/gallery/pt2006/IMG_0550

Congrats on the car man. You gotta be psyched about that thing!
How long between assembly and the day you left?...and using power-tour for your shakedown run....ballsy. Barely a hiccup too. Killer.

Were you ever able to get those photos of your cage that we discussed? I didn't want to bug you during your mad thrash to get the thing together.

Speedster
06-13-2006, 05:38 AM
That's an awesome set of pics on Jason's website.
Steve's Streetfytr68, Bill's TV friendly BillyGoat, Jason's Fuel, gives you a feel for what being on the Power Tour was all about. Very cool stuff. :hail:

Steve Chryssos
06-13-2006, 08:28 AM
At various points during the trip, our group incuded the following cars:
-My 68
-Fuel
-Bill's GTO
-G-Force cuda
-Rich's widebody AMX
-Peter's 68
-Steve Moore's Black & Red 69
-Rich's Orange & Black 67
-Rob & Kim's (and the boys) 4th Gen SS
-Dave and Jenn's six speed Impala SS
-The Louisiana Boyz heavily modified 4th Gen. (They had more than their share of problems, but always persevered)
-Marcus' Nova
-Sean's Chevelle
a sweet LS1 56 Nomad
Sam's 55 (the only failure. The Strange 9" rear started to let go)
Frank and Lisa's 4th gen TA vert
Frank & Lisa's crew cab
Mike's Power Tour stretch Limo
and Ron always brought up the rear in his crew cab flatbed

Sorry if I forgot anyone. Jeff Schwartz was with us for a millisecond as he blew past a a buck-60

Most typical Power Tour cars were riding in the right lane at 60 mph so they could "go the distance". We would just blow by in the fast lane at an average speed of about 80mph. We cruised at 90mph on a regular basis and made frequent triple digit blasts. At one point, HOT ROD was taking pictures of cars on the highway in a Trailblazer SS. We just blew past them. Freiburger abandoned the herd of "slow" cars they were shooting and chased us down to take some pix. It was a cool feeling. Really justified the whole P-T thing.

Datsbad
06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Steve I dont know about you , but I am ready to do it again ?
It sure was a blast . One of the best times i will probably have this year .

Steve Chryssos
06-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Me too. I HAD to take my Camaro in 06. But I would like to build a Power Tour specific car for 07. A couch: Good brakes, fuel injection, minimum 40 series rubber and a big ass, humungous trunk.

XcYZ
06-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Did they mention at the closing ceremony where next year's tour is going? E-town to ?

I definitely want to do it again. Jody and I had a blast last year.

Steve Chryssos
06-13-2006, 12:05 PM
It's looking like Columbus, OH to Little Rock, AR. No E-Town--which is a shame, because it turned out to be one of the best venues on the tour. Columbia, SC was the best in my opinion.

ProdigyCustoms
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Me too. I HAD to take my Camaro in 06. But I would like to build a Power Tour specific car for 07. A couch: Good brakes, fuel injection, minimum 40 series rubber and a big ass, humungous trunk.

So two 65 Rivieras on the tour next year huh?

Bill Howell
06-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Columbia, SC was the best in my opinion.

It was Jeff Schwartz favorite venue too! He almost got to spend the night at the local city hotel(jail) for free. :rofl:
Ya'll check out the video Steve made. www.musclerides.com :thumbsup:
We will have another one soon.

Datsbad
06-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Damn Good Video!!

Bill Howell
06-13-2006, 05:45 PM
I could kick my own ass for not getting the video camera out earlier. Cuda vs. Fuel would have been a good start. Steve did a masterful job putting it together. Wait til you see the other one....hint....Think about which cars when to NYC.... :unibrow:

bob johnson
06-13-2006, 09:03 PM
It was Jeff Schwartz favorite venue too! He almost got to spend the night at the local city hotel(jail) for free. :rofl:
Ya'll check out the video Steve made. www.musclerides.com :thumbsup:
We will have another one soon.

that Schwartz character is kinda immature for a man his age..lol..thought I was toast when they nabbed me in Indy..I believe the crowd would have revolted if they called in the wagon

Bill Howell
06-13-2006, 09:08 PM
that Schwartz character is kinda immature for a man his age..lol

It takes one to know one. :lol:
Jeff would leave burnout marks everywhere just to prove he beat us to that spot. I got to where I was looking for the markings. :rofl:
The ultima has to be as close as you can get to a street legal GTP car. :thumbsup:

Steve Chryssos
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM
that Schwartz character is kinda immature for a man his age..lol......

That can't be true. After he blew past us at 160, he called to apologize for scaring us. :rofl: Quite civilized behavior if you ask me.

Datsbad
06-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey I thought i would post up a pic of my dad that brought up the rear almost always.

It sure was nice to know the truck was there if we needed it . And yeah it was used alot during the end. He had a blast even though he was in the rollback

Bill Howell
06-13-2006, 09:55 PM
It was easy to keep up with the possie too, you just had to spot the rollback in your mirror. I always knew he was keeping an eye on everyone. Between the rollback and the limo, we had it going on. :thumbsup:

Datsbad
06-13-2006, 09:57 PM
It was easy to keep up with the possie too, you just had to spot the rollback in your mirror. I always knew he was keeping an eye on everyone. Between the rollback and the limo, we had it going on. :thumbsup:

hell yeah we did , I want to go again !!!
cant wait for Pigeon Forge

69rs
06-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I gotta do more than one stop next year. I'll even bring the Camaro instead of the truck!

SharkRay
06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey I thought i would post up a pic of my dad that brought up the rear almost always.

It sure was nice to know the truck was there if we needed it . And yeah it was used alot during the end. He had a blast even though he was in the rollback

Tell ya what..you and your dad got us out of a crack after the POS pulley broke. Your dad got us to the next stop where we could set the car up to limp to your shop. Who would know that a cool shop in PA would have sitting on their shelf stuff that no parts stores or GM dealerships kept in stock. A big thanks to both of you for that. Tell ya what...the highlights of our trip was running with you guys. Some amazing cars.

Bill Howell
06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
If you will go back to www.musclerides.com we have a new video showing. If you have already been there you watched the "quicktime driving" video, now watch the "quicktime racing" video. There is another copy of the 10.01 pass by the wheel to wheel Nova included for your enjoyment. Some Solstice video and even a bus drag race. :thumbsup:

Sales@Dutchboys
06-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I love it!

-Paul