PDA

View Full Version : throttle body problem..ls2 06 gto....

zingercustoms
07-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, need some help, 2006 GTO ls2....I have weird deal where the first time I start the motor the throttle body is unresponsive...the tps is working cause when I rev it up it does add fuel and rev slowly but the throttle body doesn't open besides by the vacuum created by the motor. if I shut off and start again the throttle body works right. if is sets a few minutes it does it all over again...I am afraid it might do this while driving, maybe it won't...the weird thing is I can turn the key to the on position before start and hit the pedal and hear the throttle body open and close but as soon as I start it, it stops responding. then shut it down and it works the next start.......

BobHud
07-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Did you get it fixed? I am building similar set up.
Just Interested,
BobH

jwcarguy
07-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, need some help, 2006 GTO ls2....I have weird deal where the first time I start the motor the throttle body is unresponsive...the tps is working cause when I rev it up it does add fuel and rev slowly but the throttle body doesn't open besides by the vacuum created by the motor. if I shut off and start again the throttle body works right. if is sets a few minutes it does it all over again...I am afraid it might do this while driving, maybe it won't...the weird thing is I can turn the key to the on position before start and hit the pedal and hear the throttle body open and close but as soon as I start it, it stops responding. then shut it down and it works the next start.......

need more info

Which throttle body do you have on there?
stock GM? (silver or gold blade)
aftermarket? (Fast, BBK, Edlebrock, Flea-Bay, etc)

Jeff