PDA

View Full Version : Time to change accessories

fillpot
06-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Guy's got a ls2 out of a trailblazer in my 69 Camaro and have been using the stock accessories for a while now time for a change, one of the main reasons is the p/s resivor is so close to rubbing a upper control arm bolt that I can't stand it plus just put on a fast 92mm intake and the alternator just looks out of place and want to move it over, the a/c will be fine because the subframe is already notched from when it had a lt1 in it, any insight thinking about the holley or kwik brackets. THANKS!

hifi875
06-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Use c5/6 vette

130fe
06-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Use c5/6 vette

X2, this is the best deal out there for new GM stuff http://paceperformance.com/i-6485405-19257325-gmpp-accessory-drive-system-without-a-c-fits-ls2-ls3-ls7-engines.html Just add a water pump and crank pulley and you are set.

gray776
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Depending on your setback, the C5/6 setup will have the PS pulley very close to upper CA bolt as well.

Depending on your budget, from what I have seen, the Wegner drive is awesome.

Gabe @ G-Rodz
06-24-2014, 11:04 AM
C5/C6 accersories are the best bang for your money. Other than that go for the Vintage Air LS Front Runner set up. That set up is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

fillpot
06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the replies, was wondering could I just change the reservoir by chance!

BTW, Chris do you miss this muggy deep south air!

130fe
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Getting used to the weather, the difference between the dry heat and humidity are kind of a draw- both of them suck in their own ways. I definitely enjoy living in Vegas much more than Crestucky (Crestview) LOL.

Nativefx
01-01-2016, 02:27 AM
X2, this is the best deal out there for new GM stuff http://paceperformance.com/i-6485405-19257325-gmpp-accessory-drive-system-without-a-c-fits-ls2-ls3-ls7-engines.html Just add a water pump and crank pulley and you are set.

So can anyone tell me which water pump I should be sourcing to use with this accessory drive from Pace Performance? From my research, I see they have 2 different LS3 water pumps and I'm trying to figure out which one i need. If anyone has an actual part # that would be great! thanks.

Vega$69
01-01-2016, 07:04 AM
I like the Holley set up better then the GM. Check out Jegs.

You can use either water pump.

I have a brand ne LS3 WP if interested. With gaskets and Tstat housing

Nativefx
01-01-2016, 09:01 PM

I like the Holley stuff as well and am using the A/C bracket setup from them with the C5/C6 accy setup. Id be interested in your water pump, gaskets and Tstat so let me know what your looking to get out of it. I just want to make sure that I can get the right hose and don't have any interference issues, so wasn't sure if one pump was better than the other.

andrewb70
01-05-2016, 06:04 PM

The best part about the Holley alternator bracket is that it uses the less expensive truck style alternator (the Vette is unique and expensive...duh!) but puts it in the same place as the C5/C6...Plus, the Holley can be used in the Y, F, or truck spaced balancer.

Andrew

glassman
01-05-2016, 09:02 PM
The best part about the Holley alternator bracket is that it uses the less expensive truck style alternator (the Vette is unique and expensive...duh!) but puts it in the same place as the C5/C6...Plus, the Holley can be used in the Y, F, or truck spaced balancer.

Andrew

Cept in my 2nd gen, keith had too notch the fender wells as the vette kit is low and wide, unlike the other kits that are tight and high. Which is why i ditched the Holley stuff, good fit and plenty of clearance, just had to notch the fenderwells....i ended up with wegner, very happy

marathonboats
01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
I agree that The best part about the Holley alternator bracket is that it uses the less expensive truck style alternator