PDA

View Full Version : Chevelle Questions

GeorgeO924
05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi just wanting some input on engines. I am building my 1st chevy soon a 71 Chevelle i have never actually did a full build b4 myself i have always payed someone to do it for me. So now that i have alot more time on my hands i have decided to build a car myself with some help from a buddy who is a ford guy. So since i have always just bought stuff and really never cared about getting overcharged i now would like to save myself money since i know this project could turn into a money sink. I would like to stay under 50k for the entire build ground up. So im not building a 9 second car i just want mid to high 11 pro touring sorta speak.

So any input on engine gear ratios ect feel free to chime in....
Ps im from the detroit metro area anyone knows of any engine building/proformance shops that are good ect let me know aswell

USAZR1
05-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Tell us some of your plans for the car. We'll be glad to help.

Autokraft
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Check out Wheel2Wheel in Detroit. Kurt Urban is the man. :thumbsup:

Kurt

www.autokraft.org

GeorgeO924
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Tell us some of your plans for the car. We'll be glad to help.
Basically i was thinking of going with a 496 i was just wondering how big of a block i could fit in there without having problems with clearence incase i wanted to go bigger. I was planning to leave the og hood on it. Anyone have any thoughts on ways to save money building engines vs buying them from builders or summit ect. Everyone i have talked to says dont buy creight engines from summit. I kinda priced it out and for machine costs ect building the engine myself seems to be a bit more.