PDA

View Full Version : June 15th-Sunday-Nor-Cal

rustomatic
06-07-2014, 01:14 AM
I'm doing a favor here for people I don't talk to or patronize, but hey, they don't understand marketing very well. Anyhoo, they're having a car show down the road from my house next weekend--it's at a restaurant, so there's food and stuff.

The location is the Hindquarter House (530.885.8058), which is in Pilot Hill, CA. They are located at the junction of Highway 49 and Salmon Falls Road, which you should know if you live anywhere near there and like to drive, ride, paraglide, kayak, mountain bike, ultra-marathon, or raft...

Even if you don't go to car shows (like me), this one is pretty cool--last year was their first. Really, if you've never been that direction, and you've got some suspension goodies on your car, getting there is a perfect opportunity to check your stuff out (if you've been there, it's always a good reason). Come for the road, and keep going afterward to see the bridge Vin Diesel jumped the Corvette off of in the first iteration of XXX (film).

It's about the drive, and not paying admission...

Track Junky
06-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I'll be running at Sonoma that day otherwise I'd be there

rustomatic
06-25-2014, 11:14 PM
So one cool thing about this little event was that I learned of/met a guy who lives about two miles from me and has done the La Carrera Panamericana three times; he is in the process of finishing up a mid-50s Studebaker coupe (Hawk?) for the race. He also had a sweet Packard convertible (stock). The guy was like a ringer for Michael Douglas, but younger...

This guy was in the opposite direction of Track Junky--that's toward Rattlesnake Bar/Peninsula for you, Gaetano...

There was also a really cool sleeper truck: a rusty/rust-colored early-50s Studebaker (it was apparently a day for Stude-dudes) pickup plopped down on a Ford Crown Vic chassis (complete, down to the wheels/motor) from the mid-2000s. Nobody was looking at this thing...

I'm going to have to buy my wife a decent camera for our anniversary next week, or maybe her birthday, because I know, posts are worthless without...