PDA

View Full Version : USCA @ Laguna Seca

Cris@JCG
06-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I am a newbie to road course driving & figured I would share another video I have from USCA @ Laguna Seca.. This was my 3rd time driving the Challenger on the road course so it took me a bit to get comfortable to get @ speed.. Later when I got back from the event & saw the video I recognized all my errors that I was making.. Hugging the turns instead of floating out & scrub off speed.. The cork screw I was off on my lines but that is where I felt comfortable driving it.. Also was only driving in 2nd & 3rd gear.. If I would have found 4th gear I would have carried more speed.. I really enjoy driving on the road course hope to get more seat time soon!

At the end of the video you will see Greg Weld giving a thumbs up approval!

Q225Fauq6Ts&list=UUNj3x4Eo0wdD5rmJIaJfM3Q

GregWeld
06-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Wasn't me - the guy on that pit bike is way too fat.

Vince@Meanstreets
06-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Q225Fauq6Ts&list=UUNj3x4Eo0wdD5rmJIaJfM3Q

I don't think that was his thumb...LOL made the poor guy eat his handle bars. :D

Looking good Cris. When are you gonna build a car of your own?

Cris@JCG
06-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Senior citizens have the right of way even @ the track!

What do you mean Vince? I just a built a car for myself.. I just have to share it with Karl! :D We have not had time to work on my builds.. been a little busy around here..

I don't think that was his thumb...LOL made the poor guy eat his handle bars. :D

Looking good Cris. When are you gonna build a car of your own?

Vince@Meanstreets
06-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Senior citizens have the right of way even @ the track!

What do you mean Vince? I just a built a car for myself.. I just have to share it with Karl! :D We have not had time to work on my builds.. been a little busy around here..

I have no idea what thats like. LOL

I own a pretty nice moth ball fleet myself.

barrrf
06-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Awesome video!

Im pretty jealous of you guys that get to hit the road course like this. I think the only closest track to me is Gingerman and I didn't see anything on their calendar that represented this type of event.

Cris@JCG
06-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Thank you!

I have been to Gingerman.. One of my favorite tracks! You have the MotorState Challenge.. I will not make it this year.. but have been there for the last two years.. great event & people!

http://www.motorstate.com/mschallenge.htm

Awesome video!

Im pretty jealous of you guys that get to hit the road course like this. I think the only closest track to me is Gingerman and I didn't see anything on their calendar that represented this type of event.

Flash68
06-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I am a newbie to road course driving

Didn't you drive a car on the road course at RTTC like 2+ years ago? Don't sound like a newbie anymore to me.... :poke:

:D

dunnjun
06-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Your lines didn't look bad. Sure you could of gone wider, but this was your 1st time on the track. You're looking good for Fontana. Good luck, and stay low!
Oh yeah, 4th gear is only for showoffs. :hairpullout: