PDA

View Full Version : fuel line routing

mikeextrafast
05-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Installing a LS3 in my 69 Camaro, what way are you guys routing the fuel line i am running a -6 from the tank to fuel rail ...

OBeer-WAN-Kenobi
05-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Installing a LS3 in my 69 Camaro, what way are you guys routing the fuel line i am running a -6 from the tank to fuel rail ...

I just got done running my line a couple of weeks ago. I basically followed the rear brake line up since the fuel rail on my LS1 is on the drivers side and I didn't want to bother crossing over. I mounted my regulator near the center of the car (drivers to passengers) and jsut in front of the fuel tank, in between it and the rear axle.

You can take advantage of the brake line mounts to use the same screw and mount your fuel line along side it. I also used some zip ties to keep it tight to the brake line in places where it wasn't convenient to get in a screw and clamp. Don't get me wrong, I only used the zip ties to keep it close, not actually hold it up.

Just need to be a bit careful when I position the pads to put it up on the lift but other than that it worked out really well.

rickpaw
05-28-2014, 11:33 AM
You can follow the stock fuel line routing, and flip the fuel rail around so that the fuel inlet is on the pass side, if you don't want run the fuel line across the engine bay.

On my swap, I reused the stock hardline (less than 1500 miles), and run flex lines to the tank and to the fuel rail inlet.

MisterD
06-24-2014, 06:07 PM
You can follow the stock fuel line routing, and flip the fuel rail around so that the fuel inlet is on the pass side, if you don't want run the fuel line across the engine bay.

On my swap, I reused the stock hardline (less than 1500 miles), and run flex lines to the tank and to the fuel rail inlet.

Pics of this set up please. I want to do the same thing. Also, can you please tell us what fittings and flex line you used? Part numbers would be great. Thanks...

rickpaw
06-26-2014, 09:57 AM
Pics of this set up please. I want to do the same thing. Also, can you please tell us what fittings and flex line you used? Part numbers would be great. Thanks...

Take a look at my build post, post #18 has a picture of the Swagelok adapter with the p/n. I'm using Earls line, I think, for the fuel line.

MisterD
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Okay thanks for the information on the swagelock. What size line did you use for the hardline and the flexline? PM if you'd like. BTW, very cool build thread... You did a lot of work to that car in record time. I know you say it was 3 years of body work but man you really did a lot of metal work in that short amount of time. Great work...

cwylie
06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Are most people running hard line?

MisterD
06-27-2014, 01:08 PM

I don't think so. Easier to run flex line from what I have seen.

OBeer-WAN-Kenobi
06-27-2014, 02:39 PM

I don't think so. Easier to run flex line from what I have seen.

Just pony up the extra bucks to run PTFE lined braided stainless. You won't get the fuel smell and it holds up to very high pressure. I used the same stuff for my fuel line and my power steering lines. Oh, and don't get the Summit or Jegs brand fittings. They are complete garbage. Get Aeroquip or similar.

CarlC
06-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Just pony up the extra bucks to run PTFE lined braided stainless. You won't get the fuel smell and it holds up to very high pressure. I used the same stuff for my fuel line and my power steering lines. Oh, and don't get the Summit or Jegs brand fittings. They are complete garbage. Get Aeroquip or similar.

Very good advice here. I really like the Goodridge hose since it has a thinner convoluted liner that makes it very flexible. It's spendy, but you will only cry once.

A combination of PTFE hose and SS hardline is very good as well.