PDA

View Full Version : 6-71 on small block chevy

69camarofast
05-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone,

im new to the supercharger/blower ...just bought a 6-71 with two 4 holleys and would like to know what would be the best way to build my motor to run good not to dump a lot of money but not to go cheap were i go to pass a car and drop the bottom end..this car will only be used for the weekends no racing..but want it to respond right...ill i know so far is a cam with 112-114 duration..and 8-1 comp..do i need all forged? crank,rods,exc.? do you recommend that i redo heads with stainless parts for heat?..Thanks Chris

Speedster
05-23-2006, 05:14 AM
If you limit your boost to 5-7 lbs, a stock bottom end is fine. Past that forged parts if you want it to last for a while longer. Just make sure the cam is a split pattern to clear out all that horsepressure. Stainless parts are for looks or marine use. You don't need them on a street engine. Just good ARP type fasteners.

novaz
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I have a stage 2 6-71 on my 350sbc
one of the biggest things to watch is detonation I use a plug 2 colder than stock and also an MSD-6-BTM ignition module which is designed for boost engines ie adjustable timing another good idea is water/methanol injection SNOW PERFORMANCE make a good unit I use a single 4150 Holley from pro systems.
Good Luck