PDA

View Full Version : Ls2 cooling fan question

fillpot
05-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Guy's got a 69 Camaro with a ls2 out of a trailblazer SS, quick question, redoing some wiring and had the fans hooked up on keyed power and would like to run them with the pcm, now speartech reworked my harness and I don't remember there being a labeled wire or plug etc for this(the car has been running for like year) the fans work fine hooked up to the keyed power but just wanted to run them off the computer, and ideas? THANKS!

Z06vette
05-10-2014, 07:13 AM
There will be 4 wires from the pcm (2 for each fan) that will go to the fan relays. I'm wiring a car now so I can get you a few pics of the color of the wires. Will post them shortly. One set will be dark green with pink/black ign and the 2nd set will be dark blue with pink/black ign.
Scott

Z06vette
05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I didnt think to ask what ecm you are using. This pic is 99-02 F body LS1. They may be different if using E38 or E40 ecm.

mikels
05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Guy's got a 69 Camaro with a ls2 out of a trailblazer SS, quick question, redoing some wiring and had the fans hooked up on keyed power and would like to run them with the pcm, now speartech reworked my harness and I don't remember there being a labeled wire or plug etc for this(the car has been running for like year) the fans work fine hooked up to the keyed power but just wanted to run them off the computer, and ideas? THANKS!

Trailblazer SS had an electronically controlled clutch engine driven fan. ECM will need to be reprogrammed for discrete or PWM fan output - depending on what type / quantity fans you are using.

'06 models were E40 ECM. '07 and later are E67.

fillpot
05-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks guy's for the replies, and yes the computer is a E67, and I was wondering about the trailblazer fan setup because when speartech rebuilt the harness I didn't remember a plug or any thing for the fans, I'm really not crazy about this trailblazer harness, the way the wires are like for the ecm it's hard to find a good mounting point, I may in the future just buy a new harness would love to mount the computer inside the car. THANKS!