PDA

View Full Version : Holley pan 302-2

blacktop
04-22-2014, 06:43 PM
I swapping my 70 Chevelle over to a lq9 6.0 I have a 302-1 Holley pan new that was going to use on my 56 210 but sold it. What I've been reading is the inner tie rod hits the pan. Should I go with the new 302-2 pan if that does clear or is there a way to use the old pan and raise motor some without messing up drive Line angles? I have not purchased any mounts yet. Thanks for any help or suggestion. I was planning on using BRP mounts- I live 15 minutes from them so it's nice to just go there to get what I need.

kwhizz
04-25-2014, 08:23 PM
The 302-2 pan will give you some additional clearance as it doesn't sit as low.....but check on Holley's website as there are some other concerns with the pan

Ken

blacktop
04-25-2014, 08:43 PM
The 302-2 pan will give you some additional clearance as it doesn't sit as low.....but check on Holley's website as there are some other concerns with the pan

Ken

Concerns on the older pan?? I like the 66 you built did you use the old Holley pan? Did you raise your motor up because of tie rod issue?

kwhizz
04-27-2014, 10:19 AM
I used a -1 pan in the Chevelle......the engine is raised slightly......and there is very slight contact at full travel.....but....It's not enough for any concern......I ordered a -2 pan (they were back ordered at the time) and it came in after I already had the engine back in......after reading about it as I remember there were some windage tray issues so I was uncomfortable swapping it out in the car........so....I left the -1 in.........

Ken

n77nxc
05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
I just finished installing the 302-2 on my LQ9. The -2 requires a F-body Windage tray with a slight modification to a corner, in order for the oil pickup to fit properly. The modification is very simple. I wouldn't let the slight mod sway you from the 302-2.

:thumbsup: