PDA

View Full Version : What Crossmember 2nd Gen DSE frame & T56?

68LS1
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
As per title I'm looking for a crossmember for my 1970 Camaro, to suit T56 Magnum install in DSE subframe

What have others used?

thanks

68LS1
04-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Now advised by DSE that they use same hydro formed rails for both 1st Gen & 2nd Gen subframes, so crossmember bolts in in 1st Gen stock position, not stock 2nd Gen position.

This means I am looking to use a 1st Gen crossmember? Concern is that there may be some fouling on floor?

So has anyone installed a T56 in a 2nd Gen DSE subframe? What crossmember worked for you?

toddoky
04-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Now advised by DSE that they use same hydro formed rails for both 1st Gen & 2nd Gen subframes, so crossmember bolts in in 1st Gen stock position, not stock 2nd Gen position.

This means I am looking to use a 1st Gen crossmember? Concern is that there may be some fouling on floor?

So has anyone installed a T56 in a 2nd Gen DSE subframe? What crossmember worked for you?

I think your best bet would be the ATS T56 1st-gen crossmember since I believe it does not extend up into the floor pockets that are present on a 1st-gen. The last question to answer is whether the DSE 1st and 2nd-gen engine mounts have the same amount of set-back, because that will affect the installed fore/aft position of the transmission isolator relative to the crossmember attachment holes in your subframe. Your best bet for fitment validation would be to measure the offset distance from the rear attachment hole in your subframe to the mounting holes in your transmission isolator and call Speedtech Performance (the new owner of the ATS crossmember designs) and ask them if their 1st-gen crossmember can be adjusted to accommodate that amount of set-back.

68LS1
04-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I think your best bet would be the ATS T56 1st-gen crossmember since I believe it does not extend up into the floor pockets that are present on a 1st-gen. The last question to answer is whether the DSE 1st and 2nd-gen engine mounts have the same amount of set-back, because that will affect the installed fore/aft position of the transmission isolator relative to the crossmember attachment holes in your subframe. Your best bet for fitment validation would be to measure the offset distance from the rear attachment hole in your subframe to the mounting holes in your transmission isolator and call Speedtech Performance (the new owner of the ATS crossmember designs) and ask them if their 1st-gen crossmember can be adjusted to accommodate that amount of set-back.

Yeah was hoping Jay or Blake may have seen this and responded.

I do have the ATS crossmember (1st design) in the 68 so I have a reference to look at, measure when the time comes.

badazz81z28
12-14-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah was hoping Jay or Blake may have seen this and responded.

I do have the ATS crossmember (1st design) in the 68 so I have a reference to look at, measure when the time comes.

Bump for any updates