PDA

View Full Version : A complete LS swap in 6 minutes

charchri4
03-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Yes my welding stinks and I am the poster child for engine compartment clutter anonymous but this is a fun video with great music that I hope you will enjoy.

CLICK ME takes you to youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=8rJZg6m341w)

glassman
03-27-2014, 09:40 PM
That was awesome!!! Well done. the wiring gave me a headache too. I did an LS swap in my 70 Cam, waaaaay worth it.

Like to see some more vid of her running! Love'd the 0-60 and 0-100. I believe the AC Cobra did 0-100-0 in 13.6 IIRc. Love to see watcha got to compare yesterday's super car with the times you can do.....

charchri4
03-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Thank you! Probably the hardest part of the swap was parting out a perfectly good Camaro to build – gawk – a Mazda. But the trade off was to shave 1200 lbs off the Camaro, add independent 4 link coil overs on all 4 corners and near perfect balance.

I found a review Car and Driver Magazine did in 1965 of the 427 Cobra and you are right the specs are nearly identical to what my car is. Check this out. http://jimsmiata.blogspot.com/2013/08/is-jenna-really-modern-day-cobra.html

I have a nice shot of it going through the slaloms here but not much other good video. http://youtu.be/uyJPsSga4QU?t=1m7s

gerno
03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Wow, that was a lot of wiring in there.... I'm really thinking to do either an LS Miata or 260z for my next project.

glassman
03-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Wow, that was a lot of wiring in there.... I'm really thinking to do either an LS Miata or 260z for my next project.

Steve, a real good friend of mine just got the paper work cleared on a '74 240z for the LS swap, no smog req'd for 74' and older here in paranoia land...

charchri4
03-29-2014, 07:47 AM
That is a really good point on Miata swaps. Guys all over the country have problems with smog laws especially on 96 and newer cars with ODB II.

The 2 things that trip most guys up is wiring and exhaust and I probably made the wiring harder than it needs to be. I was trying to keep the Camaro BCM for the anti theft stuff in it but it turned out there are just so many other things it does it was impossible.

Watching the last couple road kill episodes I've been scouting for a 240 or 260 myself... :D I really want something older than 79 because there are a couple car clubs around here with great events for cars older than that.

glassman
03-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Just saw some photos of an LS going into an early 70's celica. Love it. Hopefully i will see it when its all done.

putanlsinanything.com lol

cjsgarage
03-30-2014, 09:12 PM
you can put an LS in a miata and still get it to pass smog here in California. We've done lots of conversions that get referee certification. You just have to have all the smog equipment from the original donor attached. A little more fabrication work, but we've done it. We just finished an LS swapped Chevrolet S10. From 2001. It gets smogged like normal from here on out.. it just has a V8 in it. :lol: