PDA

View Full Version : Where to put temp senders

Syclone892
03-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I just purchased the holley dominator for my syclone and stumbled on on interested post about temp senders on the holley forum. There is a autometer sender thats cheap and they have the specs listed so I can put them in the ecu properly.
What I am thinking is I need a trans temp and I have wanted to get an oil temp gauge as I do want to do autocross or some fun road racing with the truck at some point. I have heard about heating up the power steering also and want to keep an eye on that.
I can mount the trans temp in the remote filter but the oil and p/s I cant think of a good spot to install them.
I have a canton remote filter adapter and cm filter with an fittings. Maybe I could get a female an to male an with a 1/8 pipe fitting in the middle and just install it inline with the filter or cooler? Which side? Probably the in of the cooler or would it be nice to have it on the out so you know of the cooler is working enough?
The p/s I was thinking on the return side coming out of the gear box, I think I could get an adapter from the hose barb to install the fitting?

I am trying to get everything laided out so I can order the stuff and have it ready to go when I start working on it :D

Thanks for any and all help I really appreciate it!

Vince@Meanstreets
03-23-2014, 09:34 PM
The best place for a sender is in flow and before the cooler so you can register true temperature.

I have used y or tee blocks for running in line. Most fitting companies have an inline adapter for installing 1/8" npt sending units between fittings.