PDA

View Full Version : serpentine belt drive HELP?

Firebird 68
03-20-2014, 08:52 AM
I am building a 1967 Chevy II that I have installed TCI front and rear suspension. I am trying to find a GM Performance serpentine belt drive system with a/c that will fit my car. With the engine (LSX 454) and trans
(6L90E) installed I have 11'' from the center of the crank to the passenger side frame rail. I was wanting to use the GM Performance part #19155066 which is for a 2006 CTS-v but I would need 12.5'' to the frame rail. Does anyone know of a GM kit for this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Matt Stinnett
Choctaw,OK

hifi875
03-20-2014, 09:41 AM
try the c6 or c5 corvette accy system. if you are using vintage air they make a bracket for their compressor to go in the corvette location. that's what I have on my 69 camaro

TomM
03-24-2014, 08:32 AM
You can use the CTS, Vette or F-body accessories. You will have to run the AC up top using a quick perform bracket, unless you set the engine forward 1 inch, then you can run the A/C down low, but only with the F-body accessories....the CTS and vette balancer offset are closer than the f-body and cause interference issues.

If you build your own AC bracket, you can run a Sanden SD7 down low with the CTS and Vette accessories, the other Sanden compressors will be too large, unless you move the engine forward.

I have installed several LS conversions into 63-66 Novas with both stock front ends and clips. The only off the shelf bracket I have found is from street and performance for the LS1. They sent me a bracket for the LS3 and even with the engine set forward in the stock clip, it still hit the frame stand/shock housing boss, but just barely. I have not tried a LS3 in a clip with their bracket though, but I suspect it will hit.

T,

Firebird 68
03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I ended up getting a Vintage Air set up. Thanks for all the help!