PDA

View Full Version : Damn Tko600

mazspeed
05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Ok, I got a call from Gearhead Garage today that the tranny is bad in my car. I was suppose to get the car back for Memorial day weekend, and now they have to rip the tranny out and send it back to Keisler Engineering to swap it out or fix the problem then send it back. I have asked the shop to do this overnight shipping to see if this helps. The problem seems to be a loud scream in 4th and 5th gear in the car. I'm thinking a bad bearing or syncro. What do you guys think, and how soon do you think these guys can get another one out to us. It is under warranty and Gearhead is a dealer for them.

USAZR1
05-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok, I got a call from Gearhead Garage today that the tranny is bad in my car. I was suppose to get the car back for Memorial day weekend, and now they have to rip the tranny out and send it back to Keisler Engineering to swap it out or fix the problem then send it back. I have asked the shop to do this overnight shipping to see if this helps. The problem seems to be a loud scream in 4th and 5th gear in the car. I'm thinking a bad bearing or syncro. What do you guys think, and how soon do you think these guys can get another one out to us. It is under warranty and Gearhead is a dealer for them.

Sorry to hear of your trans problem,Maz. I had a syncronizer issue with my D&D T56 within the first 500 miles of installation. D&D had a shipper there the next day after we removed it,repaired it,and had it back to me in a week. There was no charge for anything and D&D even included a new Pro 5.0 shifter for my trouble. Hope you have a similar experience.

camcojb
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
When D&D rebuilt mine they called the day it was received and called two days later saying it was done, and that was for a full rebuild.

Let us know how Keisler handles this, most the news lately about them has been negative.

Jody

mazspeed
05-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys. They pulled the tranny out today and gave it to a guy in the area that rebuilds these kinds of trannys. They called Keisler and they said that they didn't have any in stock, and didn't have time to work on it in my time frame. Another thing Keisler did was substitute a McLeod clutch system for a saches when I had ordered it, and didn't send the shift ball that I had to repay for to get. I'm not a happy keisler customer.

camcojb
05-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. They pulled the tranny out today and gave it to a guy in the area that rebuilds these kinds of trannys. They called Keisler and they said that they didn't have any in stock, and didn't have time to work on it in my time frame. Another thing Keisler did was substitute a McLeod clutch system for a saches when I had ordered it, and didn't send the shift ball that I had to repay for to get. I'm not a happy keisler customer.

Really sorry to hear that, but is becoming an all-too common thing with these guys. Hopefully they take care of you.

Jody

mazspeed
05-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Really sorry to hear that, but is becoming an all-too common thing with these guys. Hopefully they take care of you.

Jody

If I may ask, what's going on with their CS?

camcojb
05-18-2006, 12:40 AM
If I may ask, what's going on with their CS?

CS?

Jody

Beegs
05-18-2006, 01:53 AM
CS---- I think he means customer service.

camcojb
05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
CS---- I think he means customer service.

If he's talking customer service, I have no idea. I do know they were participating on a few other boards I'm on and haven't heard from them in a while. Also I've seen primarily complaints on the fit and finish of their kits, along with a lack of service when a problem occurs.

Plus, the guy from Keisler was indirectly involved in me getting a speeding ticket on Power Tour last year! :wow: :rofl:

Jody

mazspeed
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
If he's talking customer service, I have no idea. I do know they were participating on a few other boards I'm on and haven't heard from them in a while. Also I've seen primarily complaints on the fit and finish of their kits, along with a lack of service when a problem occurs.

Plus, the guy from Keisler was indirectly involved in me getting a speeding ticket on Power Tour last year! :wow: :rofl:

Jody
That really sucks. On both. I can sure pick them can't I? What boards can I find them on. You can mail me those if you like. I would like to put it on the boards that they frequent.

Thanks again
Mike

camcojb
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
e-mail sent.

Jody

mdprovee
05-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your trans. That sucks this late to you deadline.

mazspeed
05-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your trans. That sucks this late to you deadline.

Thanks for that. I think it won't bug the deadline too much. I think the only thing that will do it is the interior, not the trans, unless something is really wrong with the tranny.

mazspeed
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks again Jody :hail:

mazspeed
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Tranny Fixed, I should be getting my car back on Friday. There will be a few interior things that are not 100 percent done, but I'm taking it for the memoral day weekend with my wife, so that we can drive around and scare my neighbors. The car will go back on Monday so it can be finished up for the Goodguys show June 3rd and 4th. :thumbsup:

Mean 69
05-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Is it common to have issues with the TKO-600's? I am likely going to use that unit for the 68 Plymouth, but it is not too late to reconsider.

Mark

mazspeed
05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Is it common to have issues with the TKO-600's? I am likely going to use that unit for the 68 Plymouth, but it is not too late to reconsider.

Mark
No, not common at all. It's one of the best, if not the best 5 speed tranny you can buy. I think there may have been a few issues with the install, but theo ne that came from Keisler came with a lot of input shaft slop, and they changed a few other things, and now they siad it drives perfectly.

mdprovee
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Glad everything worked out. Hope to be at Goodguys on Sunday, I will look for you. Hope to hear from Gearhead, this week or next about my car.

mazspeed
05-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Glad everything worked out. Hope to be at Goodguys on Sunday, I will look for you. Hope to hear from Gearhead, this week or next about my car.
Yeah no problem. We will be at the show. I'm not sure if I'm going to get my car tomorrow, Saturday or next Saturday. I might wait till then so it's 100 percent finished and tested.