PDA

View Full Version : Project WarMachine: 1969 Camaro RS (LS1 6-Speed / Pro-Touring).

WarMachine69
03-11-2014, 02:45 AM
I've been thinking of selling my 69 camaro that i've been building for a little over 2 years & wanted to get a feel for the market and see what you guys think it's worth.
Thanks in advance for your time. :thankyou:

1969 Camaro RallySport

Mods:

LS1 (bbk manifold & 90mm tb, doug's lt's, msd plug wires & starter, etc).
Aluminum radiator w/ dual electric fans, custom intake & cooling plate.
Tanks, Inc. Retrofitted fuel tank w/ Walbro GSS340 fuel pump.
Borg Warner T56 (stock clutch & modified hydraulic master, Hurst shifter).
GM 12-bolt Rearend (GM 3:73 gears, Detroit Truetrac, moser axles).
TCI Subframe, Connectors & 4-Link w/ Dual adjustable shocks all around).
Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners (rear w/ internal parking brake).
17x8 F / 17x9.5 R American Racing CL205's with Khumo Ecsta ASX tires.
Stock interior except for 3-point front seat belts & 1-peice cut/pile carpet.
Custom dash panel w/ Autometer Sport-Comp II guages.
Lokar handbrake custom fitted to the transmission tunnel.
DSE electric headlight conversion & ElectricLife Power Window conversion.

And last but not least: N.O.S. LS1 nitrous plate kit (Dyno tuned @ 482hp / 544tq).

Condition:

Body is really straight - only body damage is a small ding on the hood.
Paint is in fair driver condition - not show quality but still looks nice; not wavy.
- small paint run on the hood & minor chips here and there from daily driving.
Interior is nice - only thing missing right now is the headliner & sail panels.
All of the gauges work, car stays cool even in heavy traffic, get lot's of compliments, etc.

As far as the sheet metal: the only thing that I know of having been replaced is the cowl hood.

Honestly, it's a nice reliable daily driver. If I were to take it to the next level - I would give it a nicer paint job & an updated wheel/tire setup.
I daily drive it & AutoCross it every once in a while and it's never let me down.

WarMachine69
03-11-2014, 03:07 AM
A couple more pictures.

kochevy67
03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
And you are asking how much?

WarMachine69
03-18-2014, 11:17 PM
And you are asking how much?

I started this thread to see what other fellow members think it's worth - I'm not too happy about it but I might have to sell it soon; just trying to get a feel for market right now.

Spiffav8
03-18-2014, 11:25 PM
I started this thread to see what other fellow members think it's worth - I'm not too happy about it but I might have to sell it soon; just trying to get a feel for market right now.

Best way to know for sure is to search cars that are currently for sale and in the similar condition as yours. The problem is no two are the same, so it's kind of hard.

What condition is the car in paint and body wise. Is it a five footer kind of paint job? Have any of the panels been replaced? Is there any rust anywhere in the car? Does everything work as it should? Buyers want to know these kind of things and they expect there to be a few issues. Hey....it's a 45 year old car!

List out those kinds of things and it might help guys put a value to it.

WarMachine69
03-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Best way to know for sure is to search cars that are currently for sale and in the similar condition as yours. The problem is no two are the same, so it's kind of hard.

What condition is the car in paint and body wise. Is it a five footer kind of paint job? Have any of the panels been replaced? Is there any rust anywhere in the car? Does everything work as it should? Buyers want to know these kind of things and they expect there to be a few issues. Hey....it's a 45 year old car!

List out those kinds of things and it might help guys put a value to it.

Thanks for the advice - First post has been updated.

Spiffav8
03-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the advice - First post has been updated.

Good improvement. I was surfing this site last night, but it was late and they where all starting to look the same. :lol: Yeah...it was late. Might help you a bit. Let me know what you find.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/camaro.html

tombar67
07-22-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd say around 40k ish?