PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Front End

novaz
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM
I am wanting to convert my lift off front end to a tilt front does anyone have any ideas or know of one done on a 68-72 Nova.
Thanks

JayR
05-31-2006, 11:27 AM
I think 1986 called and asked for all of them back...... Seriously though, it might make changing spark plugs easier but is a huge window on a bunch of ugly components and is just in general, an eyesore when open and a major styling faux pas that went the way of the mullet. Even all out drag cars don't run them anymore.
I don't know what you have, but I'd suggest going with some hinges and a prop rod or light springs if you're trying to avoid lifting it off and setting it on the roof every time you open it.

novaz
06-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey Does that mean I have to send back my 1970s tight fit flares and my Gary Glitter platform boots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Appreciate the reply
The Nova is in no shape or way going to be a show car its a 2700# Blown and Juiced straight line bomb with limited street use
The front is a light (race style) weight one piece weighs <=20#
since my last post I have seen a local 55Chev with one so will try and get some ideas from that .
cool to see a member from WA
Royz

jmarsa
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Seriously, it's a new fashion trend.

Anyway, for your the front to tilt you need to clear the bottom of the fenders and the sides of the cowl. Being race weight they can flex a bit to spread at thtet bottoms to clear but will be a 2 man job. The suggested route is for the whole assembly to move forward and then up to clear the cowl. Make sure to brace/reinforce the front clip since it's race weight.

--JMarsa