PDA

View Full Version : Zac Hartwell & Ryan Dunn Tribute 67 Camaro for sale

navyflyer72
02-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Item Location (City/State): Annapolis, MD

Price: $15,000

Description:

Here is the (mostly complete) list of what you would get:

the painted body, glass, trim, bumpers, Sparco seats, custom Sparco rear seat, three-point seat belts, dynamat, carpets, Sparco steering wheel, tilt telescoping column, Lokar braided e-brake line and custom center console mounter e-brake handle (like the Mule) billet pedals, CF gauge pod and Autometer CF gauges, Alpine stereo, Vintage air system, controller, hydroboost system, AGR steering gearbox, 383 stroker motor and what I believe is a TKO, RS headlights, completely rebuilt with new motors and servos, DSE mini tubs, and DSE SFCs, 1/2" solid sluminum drop bushings. Vintage Air front runner with alternator, a/c compressor, water pump, etc. Edelbrock Victor Junior intake with Demon 750, Magnaflow exhaust and mufflers, stainless works gas tank, LED taillights and new bezels, brake lines, fuel lines, headlights, fog lights, weatherstripping, headliner, sail panels, RS Grill, billet trunk mounted batter mount. I am sure I am forgetting some parts, but I'll add them as I go over the car more.

There are some really nice (that's a joke) steel wheels and unknown junker rear end, crappy spring, no shocks.

You can see some recent pics here: http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...hlight=prodigy

and some pics that show the build so you can see what has already been done in my photo bucket: http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh308/navyflyer72/

UPDATE:
Here is a little more info on the parts, and work that are icluded (or not as annotated)

The link to my photobucket (in my signature block) gives you a good idea of the different stages of this build and the link to the thread about the story about Prodigy has the pics from when I picked her up (which are the most recent pics of her) and that thread shows how it all came to an end which resulted in me posting her for sale. I would get her out from under a cover in my garage and clean her up and buff her out and make her all shiny, but there's a foot of snow on the ground here and I am not trying to sell something that she just isn't right now.

This IS a fantastic starting point for someone. I had the essentials taken care of, minitubs and DSE SFC's are installed, but need to be cleaned up and painted or undercoated or both (POR-15 inside, undercoat out, or POR-15 everywhere, your choice). The rest of the underside is coated with POR-15.

The original front subframe was powdercoated. She was supposed to have a DSE front subframe, but that part was apparently lost in the mail after I paid for it. $7000 lost.

The front and rear QA1's are gone, she's only riding on springs, rusty junkyard springs. over $1000 lost there

She was supposed to get a G-Bar rear suspension and a shortened rear, she's riding on rusty junyard leafs and a rusted rear (probably a 10 bolt too). That's several thousands lost.

Had a Baer brake disc setup all around, was going to a Wilwood setup, but those too were lost in the mail after I paid for them, several thousands lost there too. There are some junkyard spindles and rusted drum brakes up front, same on the rusted rear.

She was supposed to be riding on Forgeline wheels, but she's rolling on rusted steel wheels. Again paid for, never received. Several thousands lost there too.

The interior is mostly there, just needs a good cleaning and reinstalled, the engine/trans combo looks good with a 383 stroker and possibly a TKO, Fuel system is there, the electrical system is a there (Painless), the Vintage Air A/C is there, the weatherstripping and glass are all there, the chrome and stainless trim is all there, the lights are all there (RS headlights, LED taillights w/ new show bezels, reverse lights), gauges, center dash console with Vintage Air controller installed and Alpine stereo, A bunch of nice Lokar pieces, tilt steering column painted exterion body color, push to start button from S2000, CF Autometer Gauges, door panels, electric life electric windows front and rear, 6/9 speakers in rear deck, 6" mids in kick panels, tweeters too.

Nice pedal set up, stainless Works gas tank (for carburated) and aeromotive pump. Vintage Air front runner system and all accessories, hydroboost setup, needs cleaned up.

Needs driveshaft, possibly needs clutch.

So you can see that there are a lot of great parts and work done to this car, but there are a bunch of things missing. You could get this Camaro on the road for a few thousand, easily. But for me to try and get her to where she was supposed to be after coming back from Prodigy would cost me $30+ thousand and I just can't do that.

Plus I am deploying again and this has been such an ordeal that my wife doesn't want to be reminded of this situation every day when she pulls into the garage when I am gone. It was supposed to be a tribute car built to my brother, and now it is just a reminder of the worst type of people. In my opinion these type of predators are worse than Taliban and al Qaeda. At least those idiots are completely up front about what they intend to do, even if it is screwed up to us. People who would lie to your face about how bad ass your car will be when they are done with it, all the while ripping off good, hard working people simply for greed are the scum of the earth and deserve all the bad karma that will eventually come around.

In the meantime, someone will get a great deal on a Camaro that is really close to being done, but needs someone elses TLC now.

Thanks for looking guys.

Calibre1
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Anyone know if this guy is legit?

garickman
02-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Anyone know if this guy is legit?

Yes, he is very legit! He is a very honest guy and if you contact him he will answer any questions you have.

frankv11
03-01-2014, 02:52 AM
It really sucks that you have to go through the headaches ,loss of funds and time. I was actually wondering what had became of this build. It's sad to see it end this way but hopefully a new beginning for the better.
The best of wishes George.

MarkM66
03-01-2014, 07:33 AM
He hasn't been on in awhile. May make it tough to get in touch with.

Z06vette
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Ya, I sent him several PMs about the entire car right after he posted it for sale & never got a response. Scott

garickman
03-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Ya, I sent him several PMs about the entire car right after he posted it for sale & never got a response. Scott

He may have been deployed already. He serves in a pretty elite Navy unit and his orders get changed pretty frequently. He's usually in the mountains of Afghanistan with very limited internet and phone service. I will try to call him and see if he can respond.

navyflyer72
03-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Hey guys, sorry, Greg is spot on, my deployment got moved up unexpectedly. I'll have access to internet for a little bit so I will do my best to respond to everyone's PM's and posts while I can. Bear with me a bit while I try and respond to everyone.

Thanks Greg, hope all is well in California, news shows you guys are getting some serious rain!

Cheers,
George

Z06Joe
03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Great looking car/setup!!!

Where in Annapolis are located? I am in Davidsonville.

Moose
04-03-2014, 06:46 AM
joe, What he is saying about ripped off is the company I was telling you about.

I tried to go look at the the thread from pro-touring.com, but its no longer there..

I'm guessing prodigy ripped him off for a lot. Very sad

onevoice
04-03-2014, 09:33 PM
joe, What he is saying about ripped off is the company I was telling you about.

I tried to go look at the the thread from pro-touring.com, but its no longer there..

I'm guessing prodigy ripped him off for a lot. Very sad

It's still there,

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/103616-Prodigy-Customs-ripped-me-off?highlight=prodigy

214Chevy
04-03-2014, 11:21 PM
prodigy

This name....it's.....it's....it's just like a bad rash. It just keeps coming back. :getout: :getout:

Z06Joe
08-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Is this car still for sale?

Sieg
08-15-2014, 12:37 PM
ZO6Joe - I'm going to assume the car is no longer for sale and lock the thread. If that's incorrect we'll reopen the thread after confirmation from the seller.

Sieg