PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Project 66 Nova

Sinco
02-21-2005, 07:49 PM
I made a post last week( open discussion) regarding my protouring 66 Nova. I'm glad to say it's finally off the ground. I delivered the car to Wayne Dues chassis shop in Washington this past weekend. While there I was able to meet Ryan Butler (fabricator), Rich and Shawn (R&J Customs-painters) and Jason Rushforth (artisist/designer). They are all from Washington so it worked out well. We got to put our heads together on the car and came up with a general direction.
We are going with 19s in the rear and 18s in the front. We are still trying to decide on a wheel and tire combo. Wayne and I have to come up with dimension for backspacing, wheel base etc. We are doing a full perimeter frame with about a 4" ride height. Front will be C5 components not sure out back yet, either C5 or 4 link.
We are going to do a fair amount of body mods and are still working out the details, but the list is as follows: shaved door handles, one piece side glass, shaved drip rails, flushed front and rear glass, modified wheel openings,possible lengthening of fenders, front tilt hood and rear spolier.
Engine will be an LS1 372 LPE twin turbo (garret gt30 turbos)with 4l80e trans, custom sheetmetal intake and single frontmount intercooler with all the associated plumbing. Not sure of the engine management? Was leaning towards haltech but have good things about Big Stuff 3.
It's alot to think about since it's just getting off the ground. Anybody with thoughts, ideas, opinions good or bad would be appreciated.

Regards Doug

radrambler
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
wow

thats sounds cool ...and man spend THAT $$$$$$....
GO FOR IT !!!SOUNDS COOL AND SHOULD BE COOL TO SEE COME ALIVE
AS ALWAYS ...WE ALL LOVE BUILD PICS...

RADRAMBLER

XcYZ
02-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Doug, that sounds like a fantastic project. I'm really looking forward to seeing it come together. :thumbsup:

Sinco
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Doug, that sounds like a fantastic project. I'm really looking forward to seeing it come together. :thumbsup:
I will post pics as I get them and keep track of the build as it goes along.

907rs
02-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Doug, that sounds awesome! Must be a good feeling having all of those great people involved in your project.

Now since you promised pics, I hope you know you'll be hounded endlessly until you produce them! :D