PDA

View Full Version : 5 and 6 speed console shift plates

JimM
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Just thought I'd share this score with you guys.

Billy @ morrisclassicconcepts now has these available, mine will ship today. It's laser etched on thick polished stainless in the same size and style as the original peice for 68-69 Camaro consoles.

XcYZ
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
That's pretty cool.

68protouring454
05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
how much?

JimM
05-04-2006, 11:35 AM
how much?
That you'd have to ask Billy. I didn't put his website in cause I'm not sure what the policy here is on ads in the forums, but the site is http://www.morrisclassicconcepts.com

The shift plates are brand new and not on the site yet, buy his contact info, of course, is there. When I talked to him this morning, he had 12 ( minus mine) 5 speed plates and 6 6 speeds.

tguad
05-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Just thought I'd share this score with you guys.

Billy @ morrisclassicconcepts now has these available, mine will ship today. It's laser etched on thick polished stainless in the same size and style as the original peice for 68-69 Camaro consoles.
Hopefully the quality of the shifter plate is better than his junk fog/driving lights he offers for 1969 camaro's. I wouldn't recommend anything from this outfit after my experience with the water filling lights which burned out after a month in sunny santa barbara!

morrisclassic
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey, Who ever you are. The least you could is contact us about your problem. Last year a person had a problem with our lights and we replaced them. We weren't exactly sure of the problem but we sent the customer replacements. We have tested our lights under a stream of running water directly on the light assembly and haven't had a leak.If the installer fails to put the bulb assembly in correctly with the special gasket you could have a leak.
The lights are like any other type of driving light.The light cannot be submerged as there is a vent around the center driving light bulb .
We strive to make quality parts that fit and to have satisfied customers.
Sorry that you had a problem with our parts but please don't write negative comments about our company without giving us a chance to satisfy you.
Billy

ProTouring442
05-07-2006, 06:54 AM
How are the plates made? Are the lines and numbers etched into the surface, or are they painted on top of the surface?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

morrisclassic
05-07-2006, 08:18 AM
The shifter plates are made of polished stainless steel ,the pattern and numbers are laser etched into the metal. The engrave told us that this process is very durable.

Thank You for your interest in our parts, Billy

tguad
05-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey, Who ever you are. The least you could is contact us about your problem. Last year a person had a problem with our lights and we replaced them. We weren't exactly sure of the problem but we sent the customer replacements. We have tested our lights under a stream of running water directly on the light assembly and haven't had a leak.If the installer fails to put the bulb assembly in correctly with the special gasket you could have a leak.
The lights are like any other type of driving light.The light cannot be submerged as there is a vent around the center driving light bulb .
We strive to make quality parts that fit and to have satisfied customers.
Sorry that you had a problem with our parts but please don't write negative comments about our company without giving us a chance to satisfy you.
Billy
Actually you replaced only one light if you recall, and your fix for the water leaking was light connectors filled with silicon. After they went out in about a month, and i seen the POOR quility a asked you for a refund, when you replied no. I asked if you wanted the lights back because free. The silicon filled light connectors make it a bitch to put in the bulbs, the contacts for the lights have springs which compress against a now silicon filled area. They do make weather pack connectors, ha or maybe mount the light on the bottom!
Living in s. california we don't get a ton of rain so if they failed here. So "submerged" wouldn't be the case i told you the car was a daily driver, not a trailer queen.

morrisclassic
05-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I remember you now Tim. I did send you replacements and I never recieved any more corrrespondence from you.I called you several times.I offered you a refund & or replacement and you said you weren't going to use them and would put them in your friends car.
There could have been a problem with the sockets but others haven't mentioned it. As I said before if you want I will still refund your purchase just return the kit to us.I can't do anymore than try to be fair. This or any other forum shouldn't be used to blame each other or to try and trash us. Call us at
864-987-0032
Billy

ProStreet R/T
05-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Mr. Morris, PLEASE tell me the fancy $160 fog lights you sell are not the ones pictured on your site. As those (right down to the simple individual wire plugs, and cheap toggle switch) look damn near identical to any universal "halo" fog light you can get for $35-50 from most parts stores.

Exhibit A (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-3A-RACING-HYPER-WHITE-RACING-DRIVING-LIGHTS-FOG_W0QQitemZ8062322958QQcategoryZ33709QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

notice the near identical wire bundle, red square toggle switch, and molding marks in reflective surface.

Please tell me i'm wrong, as your credibility is not looking so kosher here.

morrisclassic
05-07-2006, 01:14 PM
As I wrote in my other post today this or any other forum shouldn't be used to trash anyone. We have customers that are satisfied with our products sorry that your friend isn't one of them. We tried to refund Tim's money but he wanted to put them in his friends car. The lights that you show as an exhibit aren't the same lights that we sell. We do use an aftermarket light and manufacture the mounting hardware to fit the Camaros.I'd apprreciate it if you personally have a problem with any of our products to contact us. 864-987-0032. Billy

ProStreet R/T
05-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure who you're refering to as a "friend" as i'm not defending anyone, just stating my findings.

As well i'm not trashing you, if I were there would be no mistaking it. The proper (and professional I might add) response would be to simply explain what makes yours worth the $$$. Show pics of the custom mounting hardware, etc. As well you might want to show pics of that stuff on your web page, rather than some photos of a very generic looking light setup.

But since you want to get mouthy, you're basically charging $40 for the lights and $120 for the brackets... :_paranoid :rolleyes:

And you would be correct, the forums aren't generally just to bad mouth people. BUT they are used for us all to share info, experiences, which is exactly what is taking place here. Remember it's not slander/libel if one is speaking the truth from first hand experiences. ;)

morrisclassic
05-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Everyone has their opinion.I'm not being mouthy as you stated.We use and make quality parts. Our driving light housings are made of steel not plastic.
If you want more specifics about our products look at our web page under
the Product Information Page. There isn't as much profit margin as you suggest. As with any product the customer decides if it is worth the price.

Steve1968LS2
05-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Calm it down a notch in here or all "off topic" remarks will be sent the way of hte Dodo..

I do believe this post was about shift plates??? :captain: