PDA

View Full Version : Reduce size of posting box?

V8TV
11-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Am I the only one with a GIANT posting box? I've attached a pic, it's in this format in PC, Mac, pad, and phone devices... it's bizarre. How do I shrink?

Thanks!

Sieg
11-28-2013, 02:24 PM
It's internal Kevin.

It's a trade-off due to limitations in the forum software emoticon selection and display architecture. The emoticon's display in a rotational manner which as I understand cannot be switched off so the larger selection neutralized having to open the pop-up to search for frequently used emoticons. I don't believe there's an option to just feature the top 20% used locked in a smaller display window. I definitely agree with you in that it's far from ideal.

If the forum software tracks emoticon popularity that would make it easy to delete the unused or infrequently used and streamline the overall selection.

Hopefully Jody will provide additional insight.

V8TV
11-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Thanks man, I appreciate the reply.

camcojb
11-29-2013, 10:13 AM
I agree and changed it back. I had people who didn't like to have to click the "more" button to see all the smilies, but having them all show up makes the box very large. I was getting tired of it myself, so thanks for the reminder. :thankyou:

fleetus macmullitz
11-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree and changed it back. I had people who didn't like to have to click the "more" button to see all the smilies, but having them all show up makes the box very large. I was getting tired of it myself, so thanks for the reminder. :thankyou:

Maybe others do this too, but rather than click on the 'more' button and rummage around in there, I find it is often quicker to just type in the keystrokes for the smilies I use alot like the ':thumbsup:' the big grin ':D:' and of course the invaluable ':lol:' ... with ':hello:' not far behind.

:walkingdog: