PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system

IndyNova
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok guys, what is the proper way to run my fuel system. I've got a 20 gallon fuel cell, bosch external fuel pump and aeromotive regulator. I've got a lq9 motor with the holley hi rise intake w/ the billet fuel rails. Do I run a line from the cell thru the pump, the filter, regulator and one side of my fuel rail, and off the other fuel rail run a return lne back to the tank? Sorry if this is confusing, but this is my next step in my conversion. Thanks for any help

Musclerodz
11-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Ok guys, what is the proper way to run my fuel system. I've got a 20 gallon fuel cell, bosch external fuel pump and aeromotive regulator. I've got a lq9 motor with the holley hi rise intake w/ the billet fuel rails. Do I run a line from the cell thru the pump, the filter, regulator and one side of my fuel rail, and off the other fuel rail run a return lne back to the tank? Sorry if this is confusing, but this is my next step in my conversion. Thanks for any help
Locate pump as close to tank as possible. Personally I prefer to use the corvette C5 filter/regulator and locate it as close to tank as possible as well to run the shortest return line possible. The holley rails instructions tell you how to route the line as well. Most common method is to regulate before the rails and dead head the second rail.

reedld
11-27-2013, 01:39 PM
I probably say this too much but....

my external fuel pump setup on my 78 TA worked fine but WAS LOUD!!

I'd think about doing something that involves the pump being in the tank.

my 4th gen fbody fuel bucket, with built in fuel pressure regulater works awesome. What fuel pressure are you looking to need?

67Rally
11-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Locate pump as close to tank as possible. Personally I prefer to use the corvette C5 filter/regulator and locate it as close to tank as possible as well to run the shortest return line possible. The holley rails instructions tell you how to route the line as well. Most common method is to regulate before the rails and dead head the second rail.

x2, C5 regulator is the way to go.