PDA

View Full Version : LT1 to carb?

Mike Hall
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Im looking to get a low $ engine and trans to put in my driver 66 nova. I can get a good LT1 / T56 setup for a good price but how good would the LT1 work converted to a Carb setup? What intake, carb, cam would work in a stock 100K milage 95 LT1? Im not looking for a ton of power being I just want to be able to drive the car while working on another project.

Thanks
Mike

rocketman
05-03-2006, 05:42 PM
any 23* intake will work,are you going to run a trad dist or opti set-up,if using the opti you will need some type of a pcm to run the opti control.

tguad
05-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Im looking to get a low $ engine and trans to put in my driver 66 nova. I can get a good LT1 / T56 setup for a good price but how good would the LT1 work converted to a Carb setup? What intake, carb, cam would work in a stock 100K milage 95 LT1? Im not looking for a ton of power being I just want to be able to drive the car while working on another project.

Thanks
Mike
I used to have my lt1 with a carb setup, with a gm lt1 hotcam and six speed. I purchased all gm parts, including the optispark timing plug adapter. It worked really well, but decided to fuel inject and supercharge latter on. I think pace parts has everything online. Tim

MarkM66
01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Did you ever convert this LT1 to carb?