PDA

View Full Version : Build it to save your life

DBasher
11-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Pretty violent wreck at Elmo last weekend, driver only had minor injuries and is healing well. Not sure of the speed when he wrecked but the car holds a record at 179mph.

McJJeukIWSA

Plan for the worst.

Sieg
11-18-2013, 09:36 PM
That cage was on it's last leg! Looked like the rolls and cartwheels weren't exactly soft ones either. Everyone who builds cages should watch that video.

rchaskin
11-19-2013, 08:57 AM
HOLY ****!!!!!!!

Man, that was brutal.

I like to do 1 - 2 - 3 and let off.
That top speed stuff scares the crap out of me.:confused18:

BMR Sales
11-22-2013, 11:10 AM
That cage was on it's last leg! Looked like the rolls and cartwheels weren't exactly soft ones either. Everyone who builds cages should watch that video.

Sieg, Not sure what you meant by being on it's last leg - looks to me that they must have cut him out as the Bars that are missing have clean cuts.

Whoever built that cage saved his life! Still I'm surprized his Injuries are Minor as those were some wicked G-Forces in the Flips & Hits!

T.C.

358Mustang
08-14-2014, 04:47 AM
Sieg, Not sure what you meant by being on it's last leg - looks to me that they must have cut him out as the Bars that are missing have clean cuts.

Whoever built that cage saved his life! Still I'm surprized his Injuries are Minor as those were some wicked G-Forces in the Flips & Hits!

T.C.

Yeah definitely looks like it was cut, everything else looks, pretty good Id say that cage did an excellent job.

Vince@Meanstreets
08-14-2014, 10:24 AM
its tough to prepare for every instance you may encounter. what if there were two more impacts?

hats off to the cage builder, safety crews and safety regulations.

GregWeld
08-16-2014, 06:40 PM
I need to order arm restraints for the Lotus....