PDA

View Full Version : Ipad wont run embed'd youtube vid's

glassman
11-17-2013, 11:25 AM
The new iOS 7.0.2 on my ipad wont allow youtube videos. Any news/data on this?. I'm downloading 7.0.4 on it now, so we'll see. I dont like this new Apple operating system, the last one i had worked just fine, i wish they would leave well enough alone for us non-tech types.....

camcojb
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
The new iOS 7.0.2 on my ipad wont allow youtube videos. Any news/data on this?. I'm downloading 7.0.4 on it now, so we'll see. I dont like this new Apple operating system, the last one i had worked just fine, i wish they would leave well enough alone for us non-tech types.....
I don't have a solution, don't use Apple products. Just know you are not alone, the new update has many people complaining about issues.

Sieg
11-17-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't have a solution, don't use Apple products. Just know you are not alone, the new update has many people complaining about issues.

Sorry no solution here either.

FWIW - Based on my 12 year old's input after the OS "upgrade" on her phone I'm convinced their new update was somewhat intentionally designed to sell scheduled new product launches. I'll be interested to see what features their future marketing highlights include. Some of it just doesn't make any sense other than generating new product sales.

fleetus macmullitz
11-17-2013, 12:46 PM

Same issue here from me on the iPad. Glad we have a PC too cuz without being to embed vids I'd be out of bidnezz. :D

So as much as I do not like this ad, I'm considering one...lol

wE7AQY5Xk9w

Sieg
11-17-2013, 01:09 PM
If I was getting a tablet it would probably be the Surface RT. But they ain't cool cuz they aren't Apple. Though as a tool you basically get the full meal deal with few limitations.....I'll take practical functionality over new cool trendy every time on my budget. :D

glassman
11-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Skip, the vid you linked, i cant see haha

Sieg, and no, i didnt get the Apple cause its an Apple, i got it cause i'm pretty much a tard when it comes to tech stuff and its just way easier to operate.

I do think i'm going to get a samsung tablet next and just learn the different o.s. Im a little annoyed with Apple and all their nickel and dime crap....

thanx for the replies guys....

fleetus macmullitz
11-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Skip, the vid you linked, i cant see haha

Oops...lol

Here it is, old school...sigh. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE7AQY5Xk9w

fleetus macmullitz
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, I resisted adding google chrome (or more google anything for that matter) to my iPad, but I figured since they own youtube, adding chrome may solve the problem of not being able to see youtube vids on lat-g.

So far so good.

I also could only get the 'new posts' function to rarely work using Safari.

Now it works with google chrome.

Ketzer
12-16-2013, 09:41 AM
You can split your mac and add pc to it. My wife has to do this as some of the accounting software she uses is only pc.

I'm about to make the conversion myself (from pc to mac) but only under duress.... :catfight:

Jeff-

glassman
12-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Downloading the Chrome app, and makin lat-g the home page. problem solved, so far, til ios8 lol

Sieg
12-16-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm about to make the conversion myself (from pc to mac) but only under duress.... :catfight:

Jeff-
You remind me of the timing on a turbo engine...........:rolleyes:

Ketzer
12-17-2013, 08:34 AM
You remind me of the timing on a turbo engine...........:rolleyes:

I know, I know..... mac runs perfect all the time, mac doesn't get viruses, mac boots right up. My wife is preaching it all the time. BUT they do have their quirks, quirks I'm not looking forward to (like the issues in this thread).

Jeff-

fleetus macmullitz
12-17-2013, 08:54 AM
I know, I know..... mac runs perfect all the time, mac doesn't get viruses, mac boots right up. My wife is preaching it all the time. BUT they do have their quirks, quirks I'm not looking forward to (like the issues in this thread).

Jeff-

IMO it's a minor issue. I was just using my desktop so much I didn't bother to look for a solution until I started using my iPad a lot recently.

I could have found the solution the first day 'Glassman' brought it up.

I just thought the issue would get solved by someone else.

lol

Sieg
12-17-2013, 09:14 AM

Jeff-
NO! I'm totally PC at least when it comes to computers. :D The wife and kids all have Apple products and I continually wonder why. :sieg:

Ketzer
12-17-2013, 10:36 AM
NO! I'm totally PC at least when it comes to computers. :D The wife and kids all have Apple products and I continually wonder why. :sieg:

Oh! I get it... Same here, wife's been drinkin in the Apple koolaid since day one. I tried to convert early on but gave up pretty quickly and went back to pc. My only experience with them back then was frustrating but my wife swears a lot of the issues are gone now.

I also use an Android based phone, which I like 'cuz it's huge and I can see stuff on it... but it is glitchy sometimes. It will refuse to send an email, or hang in the middle of sending a text, Some days I have to reboot several times a day. If they finally make a large Iphone, I will probably succumb to that also....:poke:

Jeff-

fleetus macmullitz
12-19-2013, 07:32 AM
One of the quirks I've found using Chrome on lat-g is I sometimes have to refresh my screen when I come across a youtube vid in order for it to 'appear'.

Jon69RagTop
12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
It seems to have fixed the issues for my iPad.