PDA

View Full Version : Awesome renderings

jannes_z-28
05-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Here is a link to some Swesih guys doing illustrations for a living, apparently they have a interest in cars.

http://www.viztech.se/portfolio5/images/big_pic5.jpg

Look here for more: http://www.viztech.se/portfolio1/index.php

Jan

Sales@Dutchboys
05-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Pretty cool I like the vette.......

-Paul

ottatyme
05-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Whoa.... this guy's stuff is just sick! His detail is just amazing... and the way he handles glass is UNREAL. Thanks for sharing that link.... now I'm going to go and throw away all of my stuff. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
05-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Awesome work. I really like how the light is projected in this one:

http://www.viztech.se/potfolio9/images/web_camarorrr4.jpg

syborg tt
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
My goodness is his work stunning.

Sales@Dutchboys
05-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Looks like glass.....

-Paul

Hdesign
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
He has a similar style to Kris using a 3D CAD program. Pretty cool stuff!

ProStreet R/T
05-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Damn that wide body camaro is baaaadddd :hail: :hail: :hail:

TravisB
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
He has a similar style to Kris using a 3D CAD program. Pretty cool stuff!

the detail in that corvette rendering blows Kris's away......in my opinion

Sales@Dutchboys
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Man there are alot of cool ones on that site....

-Paul

Here's a couple

68protouring454
05-02-2006, 03:42 PM
This Guy Is Freakin Awesome

Hdesign
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't know if it blows Kris' away, it's just rendered a little different. This guy knows how to play with lighting and add objects in the foreground that make cool effects. You can tell he also spent about a 10 hours modeling up an interior that you barely see. The wheels look extremely realistic...but way, way too big in the Vette. Maybe he's going for a cartoony look though.

The Camaro is OK but since the light source is poorly placed you lose a lot of detail in the side of the body. It actually looks a little slab sided in the door area. There's a lot of confusing and oddly placed reflections. The headlight "shine" looks like a few strokes of white airbrush in Photoshop. Dramatic perspectives and cool lighting always make stuff look exciting.

The other stuff on his website is awesome.

Overall it's very impressive stuff. It's always fun for me to see cars rendered in CAD rather than the mundane consumer products I do all day on my 3D software.

Kris Horton
05-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Their work is definitely stunning. Lots of time and effort in those models and the renderings are top of the line. I've heard of VizTech before and really dig their stuff. I'd be curious to see what they charge for something like that Corvette. I know some CAD-level renderings/models go for the $5,000-$10,000 here in the states. I've done some contract work to a firm that sells models to advertising companies for use in commercials and I know those models sell for top dollar.

My only gripes about their work are about some inconsistencies. I notice their GTO and Challenger models are pretty much flawless, but their Camaro model is lacking, big time. I wonder if some of the models were purchased and he just rendered them or what. I know that there are plenty of folks out there strictly in the rendering business that contract out to modelers such as myself, Tom S. and others.

Very cool stuff. Definitely a goal to reach for with my own skills, as I'm still learning new things every day.

Kris

Hdesign
05-02-2006, 09:43 PM
That's kinda the feeling I get about their stuff too Kris. I know from 3D modeling even simple shapes like phones, media players and office equipment that it takes quite a bit of time to get the surfaces right. It takes a ton of time just to figure out the lighting and environment too. It looks like they have a couple architectural environments modeled and a bunch of wheels. All they have to do is add them to the database of the car. They've gotta be charging at least $3K-5K per model easy. It's not exactly the most efficient way to render a car but it sure does look cool!

Speedster
05-03-2006, 06:27 AM
That corvette looks like a photo of a diecast model. Unreal.

ottatyme
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
That corvette looks like a photo of a diecast model. Unreal.
I kept thinking that, looking at their work...
It almost crossed that barrier between rendering and pure, realist artwork. Just amazing...

McssGmachine
05-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Man, those renderings are sick!! :hail:

CamaroGbg
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Awesome stuff!! I must say i´m proud to be swedish :yes: :yes: