PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Street Car Association (USCA)

Flash68
11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
For those not at SEMA/OUSCI or on Facebook, here is some interesting news that was released in the past couple days.

Some info that is out there so far...

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/USCA.pdf

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/9125-the-usca-drift-circuit-what-they-are-and-arent/

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/

------------------------------
(the following is a post by Jimi Day on another forum)

Full roll cages and harnesses will be encouraged, but will not be required to attend and have fun in these events. Safety is our primary concern, but we also understand this is a street car series and cages and harnesses are not always practical. As well, the series is for all makes, models and years of real street cars. Participants are not required to participate in the points series and there will be more than one way to earn a spot in the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car invitational.

We are still ironing out the rules and points systems, but rest assured that each event will be safe, organized and fun and will offer a bucket-list experience for street car owners of all skill levels at a competitive price.

We have 10 USCA events, ASCS will have at least five events and GoodGuys will have almost 20 Autocross events across the country. There will be something for everyone. The street car performance marketplace is a viable and robust market, and all of these series and events will serve to bring more attention to our hobby. The combination of all these events provides an experience for every year make and model of street car and we support them all.

Jimi Day

Vince@Meanstreets
11-10-2013, 01:36 AM
going big time now. way to go FM3.

Rick D
11-10-2013, 06:56 AM
I saw this yesterday, very cool. Should be interesting to see how they keep it fair between the street cars and race cars that look like street cars.

BANKO
11-12-2013, 05:35 PM
DG, thanks for posting the additional info. This is sweet! I can't wait to run my car on Laguna Seca!

Sieg
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I hope this takes off, it was nice to see Portland International Raceway on the schedule even though it's not the best of tracks it a track and only 105 miles from us loaners in the Pacific Northwe(s)t!

Pressures on Daletx to qualify now! :popcorn2:

DaleTx
11-12-2013, 09:16 PM
For those not at SEMA/OUSCI or on Facebook, here is some interesting news that was released in the past couple days.

Some info that is out there so far...

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/USCA.pdf

http://forum.chumpcar.com/index.php?/topic/9125-the-usca-drift-circuit-what-they-are-and-arent/

http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/

------------------------------
(the following is a post by Jimi Day on another forum)

Full roll cages and harnesses will be encouraged, but will not be required to attend and have fun in these events. Safety is our primary concern, but we also understand this is a street car series and cages and harnesses are not always practical. As well, the series is for all makes, models and years of real street cars. Participants are not required to participate in the points series and there will be more than one way to earn a spot in the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car invitational.

We are still ironing out the rules and points systems, but rest assured that each event will be safe, organized and fun and will offer a bucket-list experience for street car owners of all skill levels at a competitive price.

We have 10 USCA events, ASCS will have at least five events and GoodGuys will have almost 20 Autocross events across the country. There will be something for everyone. The street car performance marketplace is a viable and robust market, and all of these series and events will serve to bring more attention to our hobby. The combination of all these events provides an experience for every year make and model of street car and we support them all.

Jimi Day

Dave, Thanks for posting the details on the new USCA series... sounds good. :cheers:

I hope this takes off, it was nice to see Portland International Raceway on the schedule even though it's not the best of tracks it a track and only 105 miles from us loaners in the Pacific Northwe(s)t!

Pressures on Daletx to qualify now! :popcorn2:

I'll be there at PIR for sure... thinking about doing one event in California too. Glad to see a series that includes an event in the northwest.

You've got plenty of time to get Norwood ready :popcorn2:

Sieg
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
You've got plenty of time to get Norwood ready :popcorn2:
One out of three components ain't bad!

GrabberGT
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Event at Texas Motor Speedway. Its the only event within reach for me and just happens to be 4 miles away. LOL

BMR Sales
11-14-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm looking forward to doing the 2 Florida Events (Daytona & Sebring). It's really cool that they are combining the Weekends with ChumpCar to keep the Track Rental Costs down. So I'll get to drive ChumpCar & do the USCA! :yes:

T.C.

DaleTx
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
One out of three components ain't bad!

Sieg... wouldn't it be fun to get your car out there and give it a shot, You've got the goods...I've seen your car. :drive: What are the three components you are referring to?

I was just checking out the USCA website to find out more detail on this new series and it sounds like it would be a fun 3 day weekend event (even if your not running the series). It will be fun to try autocross and the speed-stop. I'm just going to do it for fun and hang out with other car guys for the weekend.

The five events for judging are:

1. Design & Engineering
2. Road Rally
3. Speed-Stop
4. Autocross
5. Road course

Looking forward to trying out an autocross course and speed-stop. I'll keep working on it to get you out there.

:cheers:

Sieg
11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
What are the three components you are referring to?

Harness/roll bar and front suspension geometry the latter should be handled this winter. Rear drums and gear ratio are my other anchors. :D

DaleTx
11-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Harness/roll bar and front suspension geometry the latter should be handled this winter. Rear drums and gear ratio are my other anchors. :D

The harness and roll bar is a must...

I do have a set of 3.55:1 rear gears for a 12 bolt if that would work for you. I'm wondering about the autocross event... do most guys run autocross courses in one gear (no shifting)? second gear?

I need to learn more about car set up and driving technique for autocross...

GrabberGT
11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
The harness and roll bar is a must...

I do have a set of 3.55:1 rear gears for a 12 bolt if that would work for you. I'm wondering about the autocross event... do most guys run autocross courses in one gear (no shifting)? second gear?

I need to learn more about car set up and driving technique for autocross...

Harness and roll bar? I thought it was not necessary but encouraged. Even if you do not have these items, Id still go and have a good time. Just dont drive all out on the road course. Just have fun with it and get a feel for what your car is doing.

Autocross depends heavily on the course and your gearing. When I had 3.55 gears I'd stay in first but could have used second. I changed to 4.11 and am not using 2nd almost exclusively.

Flash68
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Harness and roll bar? I thought it was not necessary but encouraged. Even if you do not have these items, Id still go and have a good time. Just dont drive all out on the road course. Just have fun with it and get a feel for what your car is doing.

Autocross depends heavily on the course and your gearing. When I had 3.55 gears I'd stay in first but could have used second. I changed to 4.11 and am not using 2nd almost exclusively.

I think he means it's just a really good idea vs required to run.

Chris, I got to check out your car at SEMA but you weren't around so didn't get a chance to say hello. Really cool car and extra points for (1) driving it all the way there, and (2) NOT being a Camaro. :guns:

Sieg
11-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Roll bar to mount harness belts, belts to secure upper body movement. Secondary benefit.........safety.

Just dont drive all out on the road course.
:bitchslap:

Never :secret: If it's just a casual competition I can usually restraint myself to 9.9/10ths.

:D

GregWeld
11-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I texted Jimi today to volunteer to work all of the west coast events. I don't have any cars that qualify but love to watch all you guys make a mess of yours!

Hahahaha

DaleTx
11-19-2013, 12:44 AM
I texted Jimi today to volunteer to work all of the west coast events. I don't have any cars that qualify but love to watch all you guys make a mess of yours!

Hahahaha

I can't wait to run at PIR... be sure you don't stand on the outside of any corners! Lol

Flash68
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
I texted Jimi today to volunteer to work all of the west coast events.

Hopefully he says "thanks, but no thanks."

DaleTx
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Thanks Chris… I was trying get a general idea on the car set up for the autocross… and that helps. I have never run an autocross event before. At the Optima Challenge autocross course it looked like most guys were shifting into second and then leaving it there… but I couldn’t tell for sure. Hopefully my 3.73 gears will be ok. I may have to shift into first if the course is very tight.

On the harness and roll bar I just meant it was a good idea. The USCA website did not say that a harness was required. When I first started out I ran the stock seats and three point belts. Running with the harness and some good seats with side bolsters makes it so much better (not getting tossed around) and safer.

Sieg
11-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Won't happen........the man takes his volunteer work seriously.

http://sieg.smugmug.com/photos/i-XjjsMBZ/0/L/i-XjjsMBZ-L.jpg

Jimi should just get him a podium and sit back and relax. :D

GregWeld
11-19-2013, 02:49 PM

It would more likely go like this.....

F you.... Strong letter to follow!

96z28ss
11-21-2013, 02:29 PM
If they need any help I'm in Portland. I work 5 minutes from the track.
I think this Portland event just might get me off my ass and finish my car.

GregWeld
11-21-2013, 10:28 PM
If they need any help I'm in Portland. I work 5 minutes from the track.
I think this Portland event just might get me off my ass and finish my car.

I'm parked in the lot at PIR now Bob! Picking up some lotus parts from the x owner in the morning out in Tigard. Then load up and head home! I need a hot tub and a real shower!

96z28ss
11-22-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm parked in the lot at PIR now Bob! Picking up some lotus parts from the x owner in the morning out in Tigard. Then load up and head home! I need a hot tub and a real shower!

I was at work till 8 tonight. You should of said something, I would of gotten out a bit ealier and we could of gotten a bite to eat downtown.

96z28ss
11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I was at work till 8 tonight. You should of said something, I would of gotten out a bit ealier and we could of gotten a bite to eat downtown.

wait you were just down south why did you come all the way to portland only to head back, south to tigard in the morning. You just like driving the big rig don't ya!

67XR7
02-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Looking forward to Laguna on the 8th.

GregWeld
02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Looking forward to Laguna on the 8th.

I'll be down there --- but I'll only have Gwen's '33 Ford... Then I'll pick up the RideTech 68 Camaro and the Hobaugh Camaro and haul 'em off to Texas for the Fort Worth GoodGuys - and then stay there for the week until the USCA event the following weekend.

Should be a good time! I'm ready to see a whole bunch of LatG guys at Laguna! So come on boys! Bring out your toys!

LOL

GregWeld
03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Okay --- We got thru with Good-Guys show here at Texas Motor Speedway... Brian Hobaugh being the WINNER so back to back wins at two GG shows (Scottsdale and now TMS Lonestar Nats)

NOW LETS TURN OUT FOR THE USCA EVENT this weekend!!! Just being at TMS is way kool!!

Come on guys - come meet and greet some of the Nor Cal and Pacific NorthWet boys -- come have some fun with your cars...

Get on out here!!

GregWeld
03-18-2014, 09:23 AM
We are excited to announce three new promotional deals for the upcoming USCA events.

The first is a referral program that can earn you 50% off your entry fee. Simply refer a friend (by putting their first and last name in the registration form or paypal notes) and when your friend signs up you will receive your discount. The second offer is for the participants of this weekend’s Goodguys event in Texas. Simply include your Goodguys registration number along with your USCA registration and receive a $150 discount. Finally, we have a great deal for shops and car clubs looking to bring a whole group out. If you get three or more customers or members to register and include the name of the shop or club with their registration, everyone will receive a $100 discount on their entry.