PDA

View Full Version : New guy with Q about Don Estel's ride

Dustin11
02-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey guys. I am currently restoring my 69 camaro and want to get away from the old look. I'd like to put some 17x9.5's on the rear like Don's car. I have searched but I haven't found what I am looking for. Do you have to mini tub or move anything around like the springs or shocks to get these bigger wheel combo's to fit? Am I better just sticking with an 8 wide wheel?

The car has a factory multi-leaf rear in it.

I have seen Shay Cambpell's ride at the track and have to say it's the baddest camaro I have seen in person.

Thanks

XcYZ
02-19-2005, 01:41 PM
No, you don't have to move anything. You can run a 17x8 with 4.75" of backspace with a 245/45 up front and a 17x9.5 with 5.5" of backspace with a 275/40 in the rear.

It works great, there are several cars here with that setup, including mine before the mini-tubs.

Welcome aboard.

Dustin11
02-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. It was nice finding this site with so many cars on it set up identical to what I want. The only problem is seeing these fuel injected high hp motors makes me wish I would have went that route with mine instead of building a seperate turbo car for my speed fix.

I'm a turbo man, so after checking your car out :thumbsup:

907rs
02-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Welcome Dustin!

If you hang out for long, you'll be adding a lot of things to your project. The atmosphere is certainly addicting at this place!

jonny51
02-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Welcome Dustin!

If you hang out for long, you'll be adding a lot of things to your project. The atmosphere is certainly addicting at this place!

Yes it is true this site will cause you to reorder many books of checks. :yes:

Ummgawa
02-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I agree. This site and the members have given me some itches in some places that only cash could fix. Its a strange competition that is a comraderie rather than a contest. It is being happy when your friends do well, sending them parts when they need 'em(if you got em to spare) and enjoying the cars as they reach completion. You'll really like it here.
Welcome!

Dustin11
02-20-2005, 06:11 AM
I'm fighting the urge right now. I am fully commited to finishing my turbo project before spending anymore on the camaro. I set enough aside for the paint job so the wheels and other things will have to wait several more months until I can get the Buick running. Trying to run low 8's on drag radials isn't cheap either. You guys have encouraged me to really watch my budget on the turbo car so I can have enough left to at least put wheels and tires on the 69. I doubt it will happen before power tour like I want though.