PDA

View Full Version : Headers for 2nd Gen BBC

tomspo04
04-28-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm looking for a set of ceramic headers for my 70 SS camaro. I'm in the middle of a build and just ordered the 502 Ram Jet. I'm running the Hotchkis TVS, so sits low. I don't want to break the bank, but want ceramic coated with as much clearance as possible...2" primaries. Also, if anybody has suggestions on a bellhousing, flywheel, cltuch to mate the BBC to a Tremec TKO 600 (already on hand), it would be appreciated.

Speedster
04-28-2006, 06:34 AM
For ceramic coated you could go Hooker or Headman. If you don't mind spending a little more you could get Lemons or Stainless Works.

You may want to look into the McLeod scattershield and one of their clutches. Their bellhousings come pre-aligned. For clutch, you could use one of theirs or a Centerforce.

Just some ideas to kick around.

tomspo04
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM
For ceramic coated you could go Hooker or Headman. If you don't mind spending a little more you could get Lemons or Stainless Works.

You may want to look into the McLeod scattershield and one of their clutches. Their bellhousings come pre-aligned. For clutch, you could use one of theirs or a Centerforce.

Just some ideas to kick around.

Thanks for the Help. I ordered the Mcleod scattershield, but went with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. For the flywheel, I got the GMPP piece. I'm still stuck on headers though...don't want to pat the Stainless Works price...thinking of the Thorley 1.75 primary into 3 inch Collectors. Any other ideas?

rocketman
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
i put hedman headers on my 69 427 vette,they better than the hookers,for lowered cars the hookers hang to low.

you will be happier with a centerforce dfx,i have one in my vette and love it.

tomspo04
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks. I went with the Hedman, but was too late for the DFX...already received the DF. Did you have the DF prior to the DFX? If so, what was the major difference, in your opinion?

Tom